Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with choosing harsware...

Hallo people
    I probably gonna tune my new Jackson kelly pro (neck thru, 1994) to A or B and change it's hardware...

So - some questions:

Tuners (they gotta hold big gauge of strings... like 60-62):
    1. On floating bridge - locking or non locking tremolo?
    2. whats is, in your opinion, the best tuners firm/factory, and why? I got a 10mm hole (25/64"-13/32") and i dont wanna rout my guitar (so i guess sperzel is down?)...

Bridge:
    I would like to replace my schaller jt-590 bridge to floyd rose pro (Should be better + i want gold hardware instead of black...).
    In your opinion - Does it woth the routing i should do for it?

Electronics:
    When it comes to electrnics, i know just nothing...
    I gonna buy a pair of Bare Knuckle pickups, and i wann replace all the electronics to a brand new...
    3 way switch, volume potentiometer , tone push-pull potentiometer, input jack and all the other electronics i dont know...
    Which firm(s)/factory(s) makes the finest electronic parts?

Thank you all for your answers (:

?

Comment

While I can't give a definitive answer on some of your questions, a Floyd Rose Pro will be no better then the JT590 thats in there, as they are made by Schaller. Plus a Lo Pro trem will look kinda odd in a route for a standard trem.

Comment

Hmmm why do you think it will be odd?
        and i want some gold hardwar, so if i will stick to the JT-590, where can i find a gold one?

Comment

It will look odd because they are shaped differently for different routes, but if you re-route it won't matter.

Most on this site will tell you that going from a JT-590 to a lo pro is a downgrade. I'm not a heavy trem user and so they all seem the same to me.

If you want to spend the cash, go for locking tuners. Even though you have a locking nut, they just make things a little easier. I don't see an issue with the stock tuners because you have a locking nut. Just get some gold replacements.

I personally have no experience with BKP's, but I don't like the price, and I've seen people try to sell them after they buy them and take a big loss. I'd try to get them used or for a big discount if you can, so that if you don't like them, you won't have to eat shit when you sell them.

I think with that low tuning you are just asking for EMG's. I've had a love/hate relationship with EMG's (currently love). If you want to split coils, get a pair of 89's with a push/pull in the volume to split the neck, and a push/pull in the tone to split the bridge.

Comment

Working...
          X