jackson strat head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheUntalentedOne View Post
    Looks like Jackson stratheads are on their way .
    Yeah. There on their way to sitting in guitar shops for a long time at those prices.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Somebody paid $4200 for that guitar? It's a cool guitar, but not that cool. That is such a ridiculously inflated price. Sheesh.
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntalentedOne View Post
        Looks like Jackson stratheads are on their way . One thing I don't like about the DCGL guitar is the logo placement . I think it needs to be parallel with the top/straight bit of the headstock and not the tuners .

The logo didn't look right to me either. I agree with you on the making it parallel with the top of the headstock instead of the tuners. Besides that reverse strat headstocks look goofy to me unless they're the big Hendrix style ones, but I don't think that would look good on a slim dinky body compared to the smaller strat head.
        I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great looking strathead daisp!
          I didn't know Jackson was doing any stratheads other than the PC1.

Comment

Sorry to join this thread late, but strat heads are really that rare? This is one that I picked up in the mid '90's, and it's a 1989 model from what I can tell. It's got replaced pickups and I guess it's possible that the neck is not original but it is a Jackson neck. Sorry for the not crummy picture but it's an old one:

Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
              Sorry to join this thread late, but strat heads are really that rare? This is one that I picked up in the mid '90's, and it's a 1989 model from what I can tell. It's got replaced pickups and I guess it's possible that the neck is not original but it is a Jackson neck. Sorry for the not crummy picture but it's an old one:

WoW fuel0707,
              That looks realy cool.
              post some more picks of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson/Charvelfan View Post
                WoW fuel0707,
                That looks realy cool.
                I'll have to take some new ones tomorrow or when I get a chance (and my wife's camera...)

Comment

That thing is sick! nice fiddle..

Comment

take the neck off the body & look for work order #s & build dates. if the #s match its legit. LOOKS killer to me strathead dinky AWESOME.....VERY RARE.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                      take the neck off the body & look for work order #s & build dates. if the #s match its legit. LOOKS killer to me strathead dinky AWESOME.....VERY RARE.
                      I bought the guitar used in the late '90's down in Texas. I was pretty certain that the neck was not original to the body and in fact, the bridge pickup was a Duncan replacement, too. The body and neck do have different work orders. I did check with Jackson (back when they'd do that sort of thing) and the neck plate and body go together and date to 1989 but the neck is a mystery. It does have the rubber-stamped Jackson stamp where they put the work order and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson/Charvelfan View Post
                        WoW fuel0707,
                        That looks realy cool.
                        Here are some more pics. And the usual disclaimer: I'm not a photographer and I didn't have good lighting to work with today. Regardless, here are some new photos:

Comment

damn thats a killer guitar. original or not jackson strat head dinky gives me a chubby

Comment

If its a 1989, I don't think they were installing the Floyd lock nut with through bolts anymore. I have a couple Jackson pointy headstock guitars from 1989 and they use the top mounted lock nut. Perhaps someone got the Strat headstock neck off an earlier guitar and put it on yours(?). Regardless, I like it! I love snakeskin graphics and yours looks quite unique
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

WOW that is a cool color...

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                                Sorry to join this thread late, but strat heads are really that rare? This is one that I picked up in the mid '90's, and it's a 1989 model from what I can tell. It's got replaced pickups and I guess it's possible that the neck is not original but it is a Jackson neck.
                                Best way to tell if the neck is replaced is to pull it and look for a woodburn Jackson logo... some of the woodburn necks did come with a Jackson headstock logo... However, the tuners on your guitar are wrong for '89 so it may be a replacement neck. I have an '89 custom Strathead and it's a dinky as well.
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X