Jackson/Charvel Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson/Charvel Book?

Are there any books out there detailing the history of these two interwoven companies?

I have tried to piece together a rough history and details of some of their models from wikipedia and Google searches, but I am wondering if there are any definitive websites, or better yet....a nice book.

Has anyone written a book on the history and models?
    Can't talk little man? Bet can't play none, either...

I nominate you
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The only book I know of is Wayne's version of events. Supposedly a pretty lopsided & inaccurate account, depending on who you talk to.

Some good info here in the "History" section:

Comment

I nominate the resident expert......FTW!............... Ron.

Comment

Wow that would be realy cool if there was a book.
          Well Fender will come out with one for $75.00 now that we are talking about it.

Comment

I've been wishing for such a book for years! Use your search engine. There are more than a few sites with good info. There are a few guitar encyclopedia type books you could try, but they usually only have one or two pages devoted to J/C. The best place to find info on various models would be the J/C catalog scans. The link is at the top of the page in the General Jackson/Charvel Talk forum.
            Last edited by excon; 10-02-2007, 12:26 AM.

Comment

There is a book called "Ultimate Guitar" that, among other things, has a section on guitar companies, and has 2 pages on Charvel and about 3 on Jackson. Very good overall book, though since much of it was written in 2000, its out of date.

EDIT: Its called Totally Guitar. D'oh
              Last edited by CharvelRocker; 10-02-2007, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind trying to help put together a wiki timeline of J/C production models similar to the one for car models at the bottom of wiki pages: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac...External_links

It would help quickly outline what models were derived from.
                Just a guitar player...

Comment

Interesting....this could be a fun project. I don't know anything, but I could use it as a learning opportunity.

Comment

I know some of the history but my knowlegde is very patchy and all based on 3rd and 4th hand accounts. Surely a book about the history should be written by those that were there? What's Groover Jackson up to these days? Is he still alive etc?

Comment

Well I don't know about Groover, but here's a recent thread featuring Grover!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                          The only book I know of is Wayne's version of events. Supposedly a pretty lopsided & inaccurate account, depending on who you talk to.

http://www.wayneguitars.com/wayne_book.html
                          It's a decent read, but you are right - a lot of patting himself on the back. Not necessarily worth the $20-something it cost me...
                          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                            It's a decent read, but you are right - a lot of patting himself on the back. Not necessarily worth the $20-something it cost me...
                            I thought it would be like that. That's why I didn't buy it. Can anyone say weather or not it has a lot of good charvel guitar pics? It might be worth buying for that reason.

Comment

20 bucks? shit i got my from a Wayne guitar rep for free.. Pretty interesting read. but some of it did seem a bit off. At least from what i've read here.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X