3 way toggle vs. 3 way blade poll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 way toggle vs. 3 way blade poll!

So what do you prefer? Personally, I cant see ANY reason to use a blade switch over a toggle switch. (3 way only here) The toggles are much faster to flip, easier to rout, and can be rotated to the players individual prefrences.

Any ideas why J/C insists on using blades on most of their imports now a days?
    3 Way Toggle Switch
    80.36%
    3 Way Blade Switch
    19.64%
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

i like a toggle on a 2 hum guitar. i like a blade on a 2 single coil guitar.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I think the toggle looks less 'cheap' and is easyer to use in action.

But why can't I vote this poll?
      www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
      www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
      www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

I LOVE the toggle on my sl2ht. Its switching is so clean. the blade on my DK2T sucks! I know the latter is a lower grade one, but it would have been much better if DK2T's came with toggles instead of the blade switch.

Also, connections to a toggle are much simpler and easier than the 3 way blade with 8 poles on 'em.
        Sam

Comment

I love the blade.
          It feels more stable to me and I don't switch settings if I strum too hard and accidently hit it.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I hate toggles with passion.
            1. Ugly.
            2. They feel like they can break of any time.
            3. I can switch pups much faster with a blade.
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

But dont you feel the blade is harsh while switching? Maybe I'm hitting it hard, but I can hear a noise after it switches. Also it needs more effort to switch it than a toggle. On the sl2ht, I can use the edge of my pinky to do the switching and its so silent. Maybe I need to get a better blade switch?
              Sam

Comment

toggle, looks way better.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Voted for toggle. I've had issues with almost all my blades; both 5-ways and 3-ways.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                    toggle, looks way better.
                    +1

EDIT: Also, IMO, it feels its harder to install a blade. i.e. its easier to drill a hole than cut a slot. Also fewer stress-concentration points in case of a hole.

Last edited by emperor_black; 10-02-2007, 02:20 PM.
                    Sam

Comment

Toggle, although I like how stiff it is to switch the blade.
                      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                      Jackson SLATQH
                      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                      Jackson DKMGT (project)
                      Kramer Focus 1000
                      Ibanez SDGR Bass
                      Ovation Celebrity
                      Martin Backpacker

Comment

I like the visual aspect of blade switches WAY better than toggles, I get along with both kinds fine, but given the choice I'd always take a blade.

Comment

how a bout 3 mini switches
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            how a bout 3 mini switches
                            that's two too many. :ROTF: J/K
                            Sam

Comment

OMG - toggle or blade? - the drama!

Comment

Working...
                              X