Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toggle.

Comment

I prefer the feel of the toggle, it just feels like it's higher quality than the blade. But I don't really care either one is fine by me.

Comment

Well so far its looking like 75% of us prefer toggles.

This was more geared towards two hum guitars... It can be nice to have a 5 way on a HSS axe, though I never use the center pup anyway so it doesent matter to me either way.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

i can't stand idividual mini switches. eyyyuuck!
          when i do switch, i like to switch fast. there is no switching fast between bridge and neck pups with individual switches.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I think mini switches are badass!!
            my favorite is on the late 80s Kramer Pacer Custom Is
            those look Fucking SWEET!
            My Guitars
            Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
            Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
            Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
            Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
            Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
            Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
            Kramer Vanguard S-440S
            Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
            Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
            Kramer F-1000 (Black)
            Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

I never thought Id like mini switches until I got my first Model 6. While I dont like them as much as toggles, I like them more than blades. I had to get used to using my ring finger and thumb at the same time switching from bridge to neck...
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                I never thought Id like mini switches until I got my first Model 6. While I dont like them as much as toggles, I like them more than blades.
                My sentiments exactly!

My M6 also turned me onto the mini switches. Way more sturdy and reliable than any blade switch you can find.

Comment

Blade for me. Toggles just feel cheap and they don't give you that satisfying "thunk" when switching positions.
                  Scott

Comment

Blade for me. Toggles look like ancient room light switches.
                    Blade looks more stylish.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      how a bout 3 mini switches
                      Mini Switches are the best. You can have SIX pickup selections with a HH guitar. Four mini toggles, two on/off and two coil split. Lets see you do that with ANY blade or one toggle.
                      "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

I like the toggle. It seems faster because of the shorter throw, but I guess you could get just as fast with a blade if you practiced with it. I'm always amazed at how fast Jimi Hendrix could operate his 5 position blade switch. He could switch a few times in a few seconds and never miss a note.

Comment

a blade switch takes up a smaller profile and looks a bit cleaner, but for functionality and ease of positioning I would go with a toggle.

Comment

I have a Super 5 way in my 750XL, and a 3 way toggle in the SL2H. I get a lot more tonal possibilities with the 750XL. I might go for push/pull pots to split the coils on the SL2H.

Comment

Originally posted by Shwayman11 View Post
                              I think mini switches are badass!!
                              my favorite is on the late 80s Kramer Pacer Custom Is
                              those look Fucking SWEET!
                              Funny you should mention that one...I prefer the toggle, have to be good quality, of course. I like mini switches just for subtler effects, like coil taps.
                              I configure them all so the hottest sound is down, that way if I hit one accidently it defaults to "ROCK", and the sound doesn't suddenly wimp out in the middle of business.

The homemade Bich has toggle select, coil cut neck above, dual/phase/single
                              below. That way if I get fogged as to what the hell it all means, just go down on all and I'll have bridge, single, hot.

WTF did all those switches on the original Bich do, anyways?...

Comment

Voted for toggle

Toggle here,2 of my 3 guitars have blades too.I like the location and look and function of my Charvel's 3 way toggle.
                                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
                                X