diamond plated jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diamond plated jacksons

I just thought about them. Ive seen the kellys like that but Ive never seen any other Jacksons diamond plated. I know its kind of cheezy to some folks but Id love to have a diamond plated rhoads or kv or if they could a soloist. Anyone seen any other Jacksons diamond plated other than kellys?
    Maybe Im the only one that cares or is goofey enough to do that.

Re: diamond plated jacksons

I have a pic of a DP KV, just dunno how to upload it. Got an e-mail address?

Comment

Forget it, u got mail

Comment

Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Diamond plating is ugly.

Comment

how does a diamond plated guitar sound?
            does the metal make it resonant more or less?
            and how much weight does this add?

i've seen a couple pix of esp's with this, but never a jackson.

Comment

That KV is awesome. I only like dp on certain guitars. Odd shaped ones like Vs, explorers, and stuff look best with it. Ive only seen one guitar in person that had it and it was a dimebag darrel
              stealth custom shop one. My favorite dp is the stuff you see on like tool boxes and stuff. Makes a guitar look industrial.

Comment

That looks awesome on the King V!! I always liked the look of it on a Kelly and thought of doing it on the Kelly I had, but I think it looks better on the V. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My opinion on Diamond Plating is that although in some cases it does look good (definately not all cases) it does kill the sound of a guitar. If you're gonna use it then I'd suggest using EMG actives or another hot pickup that doesn't change sounds from one guitar to the next. As you can see here.....

My other guitarist in my band has a Korean Custom shop (yes there is one....scary huh) Washburn Dime ST neck thru, mahogany body with maple neck thru and diamond plate top with a Duncan TB4 in the bridge, whereas my RR5 should sound very similar with the TB4 in the bridge, but you know what......the Rhoads OWNS that dumb Wussburn. The Rhoads has miles of tone and sustain and you'd thing the Dime would be at least a little ballsier because it's that much bigger (more wood) well, it just sounds tinny and twangy! So, I guess if you want a wallhanging showpiece then DP is ok....otherwise I hope you like the sound of EMG's because without em your sound is gonna suck big hairy toe fungus!!!!!!!!

[ April 18, 2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: VoiceX3 ]
                  Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I just liked the look. I guess you dont get daimond plating for the sound factor. I think itd be cool to have a rhoads diamond plated. I wouldnt have more than one or two done if I had a large collection because it can be played out.

Comment

I like black diamond plating better...and I like the diamond plates with the actual diamond-like shapes in them...instead of those rounder ones in the picture. I don't know if I like diamond plating as much as I did before...and it will kill tone.

Cheers,
                      Nick

Comment

I think the black diamond plating is the only way to go too. The rounded diamonds they are using suck compared to the real ones. Those definitely don't look as cool as the sharp diamonds.
                        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                        RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                        X