What does "DINKY" mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does "DINKY" mean?

Just curious..what does "DINKY" stand for?
    "We may loose and we may win, though we will never be here again..." - Take It Easy - Eagles

STRINGS
    Blueridge BR-40
    Ovation 1778T

Smaller/downsized. A Dinky (bolt-on) and Soloist (neck-thru) bodies are 7/8" the size of a regular Strat body.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Like he said "Dinky".. used in a sentence: My,that thing looks dinky (small). Pix a STRAT body, well the Dinky body is as toejam stated 7/8 that size.The horns are thinner if you have'nt noticed.Looks more refined.
      Hope that helps.
      Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Oh..OK..good to know....no wonder they feel so good in my hands....

Thanks!
        "We may loose and we may win, though we will never be here again..." - Take It Easy - Eagles

STRINGS
        Blueridge BR-40
        Ovation 1778T

Comment

I placed a dinky template right on top of a strat body once for comparison.

The dinky outside shape was identical to the strat where the edge rounding started. Except the lower cutaway is opened up a little for better fret access as well. The rounding on the strat is a 1/2" radius bit..... so pull off 1/2" all the way around, plus open up the lower cutaway... and ya gots a dinky.

Comment

dinky defined: Of small size or consequence; insignificant.

Seems like "dinky" was an overly exaggerated name. 7/8 size is hardly "dinky". 1/8 size....now that would truly be dinky.

Stupid name for a guitar IMO....overly exaggerated and doesn't sound very "manly".

Comment

Funny...when I describe my homemade Bich, I don't call it a "Dinky Bich"...Mini Bich sounds much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                Funny...when I describe my homemade Bich, I don't call it a "Dinky Bich"...Mini Bich sounds much better.
                Gottsta love that name "PMS bich!" though! Too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                  dinky defined: Of small size or consequence; insignificant.

Seems like "dinky" was an overly exaggerated name. 7/8 size is hardly "dinky". 1/8 size....now that would truly be dinky.

Stupid name for a guitar IMO....overly exaggerated and doesn't sound very "manly".
                  It is a little exaggerated, but what can you do? They also called Dan Spitz's Rhoads a Dinky Rhoads. When Jackson then put the downsized Rhoads into production, they called it the XTRR (Extreme Rhoads).
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X