Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction - New Member

Hi,
    I am new to the forum, but am yet to formally introduce myself - Apologies.

I am a 33 year old guitar player who has been playing intermittently for the past ten years and out of action for the last few as I have been doing a lot of Electronic stuff with synths and sequencers. I have played since I was 13 years old, various types of music from Anthrax through to Zeppelin through to acoustic Neil Young and am currently in the process of playing Bass for a Jazz fusion band.

I previously owned a Red 1992 'Fusion Pro' from new which I used in various Thrashy type bands back in the 90s, but as the music thing ground to a halt my playing reduced and I reluctantly parted company with it to help fund a deposit on a house.
    Since finding a link to the forum my interest has increased in getting back to playing guitar in a band and my love for Jackson guitars.

I have been searching for a while to try and find another Fusion and managed to find what I believe is one on eBay a few weeks ago which is in excellent condition for $500 complete with original Charvel Hardcase. Which with the current £ to $ exchange rate worked out around £320 inclusive of the $150 shipping - I'm happy with the price, what do you guys think?.
    I believe it to be a Japanese Early 90's Fusion Professional like me previous (but I am sure you guys will be able to inform me if I am correct?) The serial number is: 901204, please can anybody confirm the year of manufacture?

I purchased it from Guitarville in Seattle (great guys), only downside is the toggle switch is deactivated which looks as tough it was done when some Seymours were installed (not sure what they are, I believe the neck and middle may be 'Pearly gates' but not sure of the Bridge - I suppose I will have to remove them to have a look for some information). The original JE-1500 circuitry has been removed so I am on the look out for a replacement (I presume it will work with the Seymours?).

Hope the pictures work okay (Please excuse the dogdy reflections and shadows)

Damn that is a nice one! Welcome.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome to the board. That is a real nice looking guitar and great photos as well.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Nice introduction. And cool guitar. Welcome.

From the style, the neck and middle PUs look to be either a JB Jr., Lil' Screaming Demon, or Lil' '59.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome guys - Much appreciated.

Thanks also for the information on the pickups and complements on the guitar.

What guitars do you guys play?

Comment

Welcome to the JCF! A friend of mine has one of those in red...yours looks much classier and about 10 times more expensive than his does...you got yourself a bargain!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome...
              Yeah, I'm very happy with the guitar and price.
              Been tring to get one in the UK for a while now, but had no luck finding a 'Fusion PRO', quite a lot of Standards and a couple of HH's and XL's, so thats why I opted to look Worldwide. I have seen five 'PROs' in total on Ebay.com since I started looking; two flame topped Sunburst, one Pearl White, one Yellow and the Flame topped Blue one I have. Also a couple of standards on other US guitar shops sites.

I'm not sure, but the 'PROs'' seem to be quite difficult to get hold of in England?
              Last edited by Magou; 10-14-2007, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Damn that is a nice one! Welcome.

Agreed that is gorgeous. I usually like stuff a little odd looking (Visually) but, that is just plain sexy! Nice axe!

Comment

Magou,
                  Nice Jackson pro

Comment

Thank you for the complements on the guitar and the welcome - Much appreciated.

Comment

that kills...
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                      X