CS Time line??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Time line??

I was told back in July that my CS Charvel was in paint. It is now mid October and no guitar. How long does it take for the paint to cure and assemble the guitar? Who here has been down this road?

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
    I was told back in July that my CS Charvel was in paint. It is now mid October and no guitar. How long does it take for the paint to cure and assemble the guitar? Who here has been down this road?
    I ordered my CS PC1 in Dec of 2005...still waiting..

Comment

it's lost in the ether

realistically, you should have had your guitar no later than August....but this is the CS we're talking about so it's fallen into some sort of...time warp

(actual CS footage)

Comment

you could go to vocational school and learn how to build one yourself before you'd take delivery on a CS order.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Predator, What did you order and from whom... PM me if you feel better... i'll look into it....

Mike.

Comment

Ive heard anywhere from 17 months...to 27 months! This is why i was
            so happy to find my Eldred with matching headstock locally. Gave me
            2 years of my life back! Carvin is about 4 months...GMW is about 7 tops
            so why Jackson/Charvel taking 4 times longer? Some have said that
            a completed guitar packaged up for shipping, sometimes has sat for 3 months before being shipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              Ive heard anywhere from 17 months...to 27 months! This is why i was
              so happy to find my Eldred with matching headstock locally. Gave me
              2 years of my life back! Carvin is about 4 months...GMW is about 7 tops
              so why Jackson/Charvel taking 4 times longer? Some have said that
              a completed guitar packaged up for shipping, sometimes has sat for 3 months before being shipped!
              GWM is a smaller company...and isnt owned by fender

Comment

well, to tell you my story:

I ordered a Jackson Stars Rhoads (semi-custom from the Japan factory) with transgreen finish. Almost three months later I got forwarded a question from the factory if I wanted my guitar with black or green body back.

I confirmed the green body back and the finished guitar arrived at the dealer 8 days later.

Food for thought...
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by deflep View Post
                  I ordered my CS PC1 in Dec of 2005...still waiting..
                  Holy shit. That is just absurd.

Comment

I found out how to speed up your custom shop orders. This only works if you did not pay in full in advance.

Max out your credit cards and spend all your disposable income on anythig but the remainder of what you owe on your custom shop order, then the guitar will arrive when you are broke.
                    If you keep sitting on a pile of cash waiting for your guitar it will never show up.

This method works almost 100% of the time.

At least this is the case with me so I say take your time CS because I am broke now so I have a feeling my order will arrive any day.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                      I found out how to speed up your custom shop orders. This only works if you did not pay in full in advance.

Max out your credit cards and spend all your disposable income on anythig but the remainder of what you owe on your custom shop order, then the guitar will arrive when you are broke.
                      If you keep sitting on a pile of cash waiting for your guitar it will never show up.

This method works almost 100% of the time.

At least this is the case with me so I say take your time CS because I am broke now so I have a feeling my order will arrive any day.
                      hahhaa so true!!!

Alex

Comment

It took me 23 months to get mine, just shy of two years. The main reason was because the guitar was actually shipped out at about 18 months but arrived in two pieces (headstock snapped). So the neck had to be redone. I eventually had to get involved with the guy who is in charge of the custom shop to get the real answers. All that said, I love the guitar and don't regret buying it. Would I ever get another? No not with the price increases. If the prices come back down certainly I want to get a charvel custom.

Comment

The painting process can take a few weeks, longer if it's a eurathane coating, it has a longer cure time. Like was mentioned before, there have been many cases of a guitar sitting in shipping for months and months. Then you always have the old NAMM is coming up excuse which seems to further delay anything that would be coming out around the Oct-Jan time. Realistically you should probably see your guitar around the New Year.
                          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

My first custom RR was ready in 6 months. Unfortunately there was a few things which needed to be fixed and CS said that they are ready to built a new one for me. It tooked 2 months and 20 days to build RR3044!!! There was a few special things (24 frets, Iommi crosses, scalloped frets etc.) so I was more than happy!!! But because I live in the middle of nowhere it tooked about 4 months before I got my custom RR to my hands. My guitar was built VERY fast so I guess that it depends from the specs a little bit...and the situation at the factory...

Comment

well, I am shocked about the 24 month time frame, as I have gotten things faster than that..

a Charvel Custom (non masterbuild) has a wait time of about 6 months..

it also depends on what the graphic is and who is painting it
                              there are a lot of factors that can slow it down.
                              I think your PC1 may have gotten lost in the shuffle man...
                              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                              X