No announcement yet.

CS Time line??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading all these "CS wait time" threads, hopefully people at least on this forum will not make the mistake of ordering anything from the CS shop! 2 years is an incredible waste of time for both the guitarist and the guitar.
    Sam

Comment

My two experiences were good. First one was ordered in mid April '05, completion date late July '05, delivered mid Oct. '05. Second one was ordered early April '06, completed late Feb. '07, delivered mid March '07. Only annoyance was the wait between completion & delivery on the first one, but I still got it in 6 months.

The subject of guitars sitting in shipping has come up many times, and the only explanation that I've ever heard from actual dealers or JCMI people was that some holdups occur when the dealer has maxed out their credit line with JCMI. They won't ship more product ordered by the dealer until they get paid for previously shipped guitars. Maybe Matt, Scott, or Nick has more info on this. I have no idea if it explains all the shipping delays, and I kinda doubt it.

Bottom line, my future buying decisions will be based mainly on pricing and the QC direction the shop takes. If both move in the right direction, I'm in. If they don't, I'm out.
      Last edited by dg; 10-25-2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I ordered my most recent custom Charvel in Dec '06. 10 months and still counting. Not suprised nor upset, just giving out the most recent info I have. Most of my prior custom orders have been somewhere around 15 to 18 months. Some more, some less.

As others have mentioned above, a guitar at the "in paint" stage can still take several months until delivery. And, unless something has changed recently, it still seems like the ocassional custom guitar gets caught in a strange months-long time-warp shipping delay.

A custom Charvel - masterbuilt or not - taking 6 months is just not realistic. If that is what J/C is currently telling their dealers, they're just setting them - and their customers - up for disappointment. Give out realistic build/delivery times, and they'll have more realistic expectations, leading to better customer satisfaction. Just MHO.

Comment

As I've already mentioned before on this forum, I ordered my Charvel Bullseye back in August 2005. I did recieve a guitar this May (12 months after final inspection date) but it was fitted with a NOS V-Trem instead of the Floyd that I ordered. I am currently, just like AK47, pretty well broke in the cash department!! So, I expect the replacement will arrive any moment.

As a dealer myself, our distributors gave me a delivery time of 12 months when I first ordered it although, I knew that it would take a bit longer (not this long though). If I have a customer enquiring about custom shop, I'm always straight with them regarding time scale which removes any future hassle and ill feeling when I get accused of telling lies just to get a sale!!
          I think 6 months is a little wishful thinking.............

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            My two experiences were good. First one was ordered in mid April '05, completion date late July '05, delivered mid Oct. '05. Second one was ordered early April '06, completed late Feb. '07, delivered mid March '07. Only annoyance was the wait between completion & delivery on the first one, but I still got it in 6 months.

The subject of guitars sitting in shipping has come up many times, and the only explanation that I've ever heard from actual dealers or JCMI people was that some holdups occur when the dealer has maxed out their credit line with JCMI. They won't ship more product ordered by the dealer until they get paid for previously shipped guitars. Maybe Matt, Scott, or Nick has more info on this. I have no idea if it explains all the shipping delays, and I kinda doubt it.

Bottom line, my future buying decisions will be based mainly on pricing and the QC direction the shop takes. If both move in the right direction, I'm in. If they don't, I'm out.
            yeah, if you are behind on yer bills, you no gettin das guitaras
            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              I ordered my most recent custom Charvel in Dec '06. 10 months and still counting. Not suprised nor upset, just giving out the most recent info I have. Most of my prior custom orders have been somewhere around 15 to 18 months. Some more, some less.

As others have mentioned above, a guitar at the "in paint" stage can still take several months until delivery. And, unless something has changed recently, it still seems like the ocassional custom guitar gets caught in a strange months-long time-warp shipping delay.

A custom Charvel - masterbuilt or not - taking 6 months is just not realistic. If that is what J/C is currently telling their dealers, they're just setting them - and their customers - up for disappointment. Give out realistic build/delivery times, and they'll have more realistic expectations, leading to better customer satisfaction. Just MHO.
              what I meant was a Charvel with normal build sheet options, as they are all custom shop now.. but they are quoting the same delivery time as that of a USA Jackson production model

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONWOLF View Post
                As I've already mentioned before on this forum, I ordered my Charvel Bullseye back in August 2005. I did recieve a guitar this May (12 months after final inspection date) but it was fitted with a NOS V-Trem instead of the Floyd that I ordered. I am currently, just like AK47, pretty well broke in the cash department!! So, I expect the replacement will arrive any moment.

As a dealer myself, our distributors gave me a delivery time of 12 months when I first ordered it although, I knew that it would take a bit longer (not this long though). If I have a customer enquiring about custom shop, I'm always straight with them regarding time scale which removes any future hassle and ill feeling when I get accused of telling lies just to get a sale!!
                I think 6 months is a little wishful thinking.............

Steve
                it shouldnt take much longer than that...

I ordered stuff and got it much quicker... I got my CS Kelly KE2T in less than 6 months, ordered it in November, got it in March

instock inventory

Comment

I ordered my C/S Jackson in the middle of this January. Last word I heard form the dealer who email Jackson, said the dealer should see it around the middle of this month. I haven't heard anything since. The dealer told me when I placed the order it would take 9 -14 months.

Comment

Well mine well be here on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!! Ten months.

Comment

Working...
                    X