Pickup Recommendations- RR-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Recommendations- RR-3

I'm thinking about getting rid of these noisy junky "Duncan Designed" pickups in my Jackson RR-3. My logical choice is going for Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and '59 in the neck. I think the newer models now come with those- it seems like they have upgraded the pickups and taken away the chrome trem and pickguard hardware.

Any other suggestions? I want clean, loud pickups that cut thru. The DD aren't really that bad, but I think I can do better.

I put an X2N in mine. Pretty hot pickup, but they sure do sound great!

Comment

Originally posted by boogie1 View Post
      I'm thinking about getting rid of these noisy junky "Duncan Designed" pickups in my Jackson RR-3. My logical choice is going for Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and '59 in the neck. I think the newer models now come with those- it seems like they have upgraded the pickups and taken away the chrome trem and pickguard hardware.

Any other suggestions? I want clean, loud pickups that cut thru. The DD aren't really that bad, but I think I can do better.
      I really like the Seymour Duncan SH-6 I put into my RR3R it sounds great
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

In my RR3 I replaced the bridge p/u with a DiMarzio Super Distortion at first and it sounded much better but now I am using dual EMG 81's (with the 18v mod) in it and it sounds awesome.
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

Working...
        X