No announcement yet.

Best for seated playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RR is easilly the most comfortable electric I've played sitting down in the classical position. I have two soloist type Charvels, and none of them feel particularly good to play that way, which is why I prefer to stand and play. I do not like to rest the guitar on my right leg like many people do, because if I learn something new like that, it screws me up when I try to play it while standing.
    Last edited by Sunbane; 10-21-2007, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
      The key is using a strap. You can play any guitar with a properly adjusted strap. Next time you see Les Paul sitting down with his LP, notice the strap and the guitar position. When I play a LP seated, I found the same goes for me with the strap position. So, when I play the Charvel's, Jackson's; KV's, Kelly, Soloist, Dinky or RR1, I keep this in mind and adjust the strap accordingly. I have a strap for each guitar as well so I don't have to be constantly adjusting straps.
      Excellent thread! I'm a beginner and recently bought an RR. I was having trouble getting used to it sitting. Tried the strap at around 30 degrees and whola! This is as comfortable as i'v been. Even over a washburn strat I have as well. Thanks alot for the tip!
      Steve Kennington
      Charlotte,NC

Comment

I am starting to feel more comfortable with my Kelly KE2 sitting down. But, I still don't like it much. I mean, I love the guitar, and it sounds amazing, just don't like playing it sitting down. I have a Kevin Bonds RR that I love to play sitting down. Strange but true. Oh! You HAVE to use a strap with the KE2 or the RR while sitting in order to control the damn things. Just my input. I wish I had learned to play while standing though. I'm trying to transition to playing while standing up and it is a little difficult (for me anyway). But I'm only in my ninth month of playing. I suspect all will improve as the weeks...months...years roll by.

Comment

There is no right way. Only the way that suits you the most. Having siad that....classical position is the "nice" way to play sitting down if you have anything odd shaped...

The rest I play on my right leg when seated
          Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Working...
          X