Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any places to look out for Charvels and Jacksons In London or Liverpool, UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any places to look out for Charvels and Jacksons In London or Liverpool, UK?

I'm going to London next week, any good shops for Jacksons, Charvels, Kramers (I know it's the wrong place for Kramers) and the like?

Also, anywhere in the Merseyside area?

No 2004-07 Jacksons!
    Gear:
    Charvel CX-692
    Jackson DKMGT
    Vox ADVT120

I've been advised to swing by Charing Cross, but that said, I haven't yet been (maybe next week). I'm told there're loads of music shops there, but of what stock, quality or price I have no idea.

Comment

Dawson's Music in Liverpool City centre (near the Adelphi Hotel) for new USA Jackson's, Micro Music in Wavertree for the off chance of a second hand one. The best place for Charvel and Jackson is Sounds Great in Heald Green, Manchester (don't know where you're travelling from, but Liverpool and Manchester are really close). Their stock is new, but they have 2 Art series and 2 Mike Learn graphic Charvel's. The Mike Learn guitars look like shit on their website, but in real life they're stunning.

Comment

I have to say though, every post 2004 USA Jackson that I've played has oozed quality and craftsmanship. I really can't tell the difference. I have a 2001 Soloist and in the past I've owned an '86 and an '88 USA; I played a 2007 USA King V and a 2007 SL2H last week straight off the peg with factory 9-42's...perfect.

Comment

I'm from Liverpool. I know about Micro and Dawsons but thanks for the tip about Sounds Great.
          Gear:
          Charvel CX-692
          Jackson DKMGT
          Vox ADVT120

Comment

I got my Soloist from Micro in 2001. Keith and Craig are brill, been a customer there since 1987. Sounds Great had 4 USA Soloists (SL1 & 2's) a USA Rhoads and a USA King V. I think they may have had a couple of DK1's too. They have the best amp selection, plus all the high end ESP, Ibanez, Gibson, Caparison etc. A very rare kind of shop here in the UK, with very rare stock; i.e. quality.

Comment

There are lots of guitar shops on Denmark street and a few along charing cross road. There are probably more elsewhere though . I had a look earlier this year. There didnt appear to be many USA jacksons. I did see an anniversary Kelly (with COs), a couple older soloists and one or two new usa series. However, if you find a USA there you can bet to be asked a high price. As with most guitar shops in the uk, USA jacksons are a bit of a rarity.
              Worth a look if you just want to have a butchers and a tinker.

Comment

Denmark street has about 6 shops, but it's not as good as people think it is, it is just a small road off of Tottenham court road( or Charing cross road w/e). But most of the staff there looked at me when I walked in as if I was the devil or something. If I have ever felt unwanted, it was there lol.

Comment

Tin pan alley was somewhere I used to go to look at guitars, not been down there for a while now. It always seemed to carry a London premium on the cost of some of the guitars though. It's a shame Andy's has closed, I used to like that place. Seemed a lot more homely and welcoming than the other shops there.
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                    Denmark street has about 6 shops, but it's not as good as people think it is, it is just a small road off of Tottenham court road( or Charing cross road w/e). But most of the staff there looked at me when I walked in as if I was the devil or something. If I have ever felt unwanted, it was there lol.
                    I remember going into a shop in Denmark St, about 7 years ago. There was a real nice, if beat-up old Rhoads in there. I had a loaded card in my wallet, and it wouldn't have taken a whole lot to get me to buy it. However, as the nice men in the shop were falling over themselves not to be of any help, I figured they didn't need my money, so fuck'em...

I've often wondered what happened to that Rhoads. It was an early one, Gold Sparkle, Kahler, and a Bartolini pickup in the bridge position. Anyone here buy it?

Comment

I was in Denmark Street in June when I was on my way back home from visiting a guy at Cambridge University. They had a bunch of USA Jacksons in one of the shops (including some nice RRs and a nice white King V), but the prices were indeed ridiculous, like £2000+. You could get Jacksons cheaper by ordering them from Thomann in Germany. Back here in Denmark, the country not the street, you can't even find Jacksons in the shops.

Comment

Yep, Denmark street is what I know but the prices are stupid. No suprise there though eh?

Your money starts evaporating once you cross inside the M25.

At least they have some decent stock though.
                        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I enjoyed visiting Denmark St. when I was there. There were a few Jacksons there and even a Catalog roundhorn V! Definitely expensive and definitely a lack of interest by the staff.

Bret
                          www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
                          X