Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number

Hello there Charvel-experts,

I have just bought a Charvel guitar. Not a new one - bought it from a guy, who had bought it from another guy, but he got tired of it, so I bought it... and I really love it - wonderful guitar! BUT - I have no idea what model it is! I can't find the serial number on any of the homepages I've visited. This is where you guys (or whatever you might be) come in [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    I will dedicate the next string I break to the first person who posts some information about model/year/country of origin/whatever:

Serial number: 314786

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Casper, Denmark

Re: Serial number

can't tell a lot from the serial number on that, but I can tell you it was made in Japan in the late 80s. Can you provide any more detail that might help identify it? Like, the style of logo, type of inlays, pickup config, switches, etc.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

There were two types of logo - guitar (like the old Monkees logo) and toothpaste (script like the Jackson logo).

Just for reference [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Okay, here we go:

Logo: The guitar as shown on www.jacksonguitars.com.

Inlays: just plain, white dots - nothing special about them

Pickups: the previous owner has exchanged the original pickup with seymour duncan - I think - maybe some Charvel are sold with these?

Switches: one mysterious red button (probably meant for a boost system) - a single 5 level switch and a volume control.

Don't know a lot of fancy guitar words in English, but I did my best [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

By the way - Thanks for helping

Comment

Umm... could be a little more specific than saying "it was on this site?" [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

What pickup layout does it have? Hum/single/single, guitar logo or cursive script logo, trem type... etc.

It's a Charvel dude. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, it's probably a 1990 with a cursive script... plain dots, at the top edge of the fretboard, or a standard layout, etc?

PRECISCE info would be good, pictures would be better.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I would post a picture of it - only, I don't know how!
            Can anyone help me to find out how to do it?

And the layout - hum-pickup

Tremolo: Floyd Rose

Logo: "the Charvel guitar" logo with the "Made by Jackson/Charvel. You can see it at the website I linked to earlier.

Comment

Maku, you being danish i will do you a favour [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I can host your pics and make them visible here - just send them to my email address (click on my name). Remember to remove the spam thing.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

By the way - I've lost the arm for my Floyd Rose system. Does anyone know where I can get a new one? And does anyone know what the type is called?

Comment

Here you go.

Henrik

Comment

Thx a ton!!! Hope the pictures will make my explanations just a bit more understandable!

- Casper

Comment

You shot the pics in to a mirror?!
                      Henrik

Comment

Nah - used my webcam. That explains the poor quality [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ April 26, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Makukuhama ]

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X