Need help Identifying guitar 88 Charvel collectors edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Identifying guitar 88 Charvel collectors edition

Has anyone ever heard of a 1988 charvel collectors edition guitar? A guy just called me asking if I was interested in buying it and I never even heard of one. He said it says San Dimas on the neck plate. It has one hum and one single coil pickup.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Especially if it is real and how much it would be worth.
    Thanks!!

AFAIK there was a Charvel 88 with a slanted single hum & 1000 produced. Then there was the Jackson LTD 88 with a hum-single & 500 produced. No clue on value, but there are examples of both in the gallery.
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Is this an american made guitar or an import?

Comment

The Charvel Model 88 was an import, the Jackson LTD88 is USA.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

This isn't a model 88. It says 88 collectors edition on the 12th fret.

Comment

You mean "88 Limited Edition"?
            It's a USA Jackson.

Not a Charvel

-Rick

Comment

Thanks for the info. After calling the guy back, it is a Jackson, not a charvel. Thanks for all the help!! It is greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Limited USA Jackson 88

What up dude's,
                I've got a good buddy that own's one of these Jackson USA Limited 88 guitars that had a problem with the electronics. From what I remember, the little switch box inside the cavity went bad and he tried to bypass it. Now it doesn't make any sound at all. He wanted to get it to be the way it originally was. We went to the NAMM show 2 years ago and talked with the Jackson reps and they said since it's pre Fender takover, they can't really assist us. If anyone owns another one of these and is willing to take some very detailed photos of the electronics of this guitar, it would be most rightous of you. Please send photos to [email protected]

" Many people think I have a bad attitude, those people are stupid..."

Comment

The LTD 88 had the JE-1000 gain boost. Here's the schematic from the '88 Jackson Electronics manual:

Comment

Thanks a lot!! I can see that being very valuable if a problem ever occurs. I've never even heard of this preamp. Is it a good preamp?

Comment

Originally posted by floydroseuser View Post
                      Is it a good preamp?
                      It is highly prized by J/C enthusiasts and CoB fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                        It is highly prized by J/C enthusiasts and CoB fanboys.
                        The latter part of that made me laugh out loud!
                        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I had a Charvel model 88 brand new,here is a pix taken back in the late 80's.This model had only a slanted Humbucker,did not have a single coil as described above. The Jackson 88 was blue and was a H-S set Made in USA. The Charvel was an import and IIRC app 500 were built.

ps: 88 means its a 1988,Mahognay body,reverse headstock and Jackson trem,also has rosewood FB.
                          Last edited by ADR; 10-23-2007, 05:01 PM.
                          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
                          X