Strange "Grover Jackson" USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange "Grover Jackson" USA?

I thought my first post should be about my Jackson Soloist (neck thru etc) with binding on the neck and Classic logo. Underneath the logo where it should say "made in U.S.A" is says "Grover Jackson" in the same font and it has a 6 digit bar code on the fretboard. The guitar has all the classic USA characteristics but experts are always stumped by this guitar.

Any information about this guitar would be very interesting and useful to me.

Thanks.

made in japan for the japanese market. although, some grover jacksons have been made in the custom shop in (at the time) ontario, california. jackson is trademarked in japan, so jackson guitars that were made in japan had to have a different name. this is where the grover jackson comes in. they later became logoed with a scripted grover jackson logo.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

high end japanese import. collective minds agree, that they're dangerously close to their US counterparts
      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

It says Jackson on the headstock not Grover Jackson but underneath the jackson logo it says Grover Jackson.

I have been told that it was made in the custom shop.

You guys are cool!

Comment

Lets see some pics!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A 6 digit serial number means it was made in Japan. Seriously quality instrument though and obviously and early one before they switched to a full Grover Jackson logo.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Lets see some pics!
              I have to get some photo's hapening and then I will post them here.

Comment

I 2nd that Ron! Up with the pix.
                Do you know how to post pix in here?
                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by phase90 View Post
                  It says Jackson on the headstock not Grover Jackson but underneath the jackson logo it says Grover Jackson.

You guys are cool!
                  As was stated, some Grover Jackson-logoed models and JacksonStars models were/are made in the USA shop, which at the time was also the same shop that made the Custom Shop models, so the term "made in the USA Cusotm Shop" is very misleading. Technically, one can only claim "Custom Shop" status if they can provide the work order #, or if the serial number is in line with traditional Custom Shop numbering.

If it were a "Custom Shop" neckthrough, it would have a J+4 serial - J1234 or some such. Japanese-made neckthrough production models with a J-serial would be J+6 - J followed by 6 numbers, such as J001234.

All the Japanese-market neckthroughs I've seen have 6 numbers with no letter.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sounds like early 90s Grover Jackson. I have a Grover Jackson Dan Spiz model myself .

This is how the logo looks, right?

(more pics in: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75142 )

Check out the catalouge scans from the 1993 and see if you can find your guitar in it:

sully is right, and Newc too about the serial numbers:

J001234 - Could be one of the Jackson PRO series (the ones from '90-'95) or one of these Grover Jacksons. They shared the same serial numbers.

6 numbers, no letters is what neck-thru Jackson Stars have.

Comment

Originally posted by phase90 View Post

You guys are cool!
                      sorry for the lack of clarity in my original post. the early grover jacksons had the jackson logo along with grover jackson in all caps, arial font, like what you're describing.

as newc and others mentioned, the serial number that yours has would be from japan. please don't think for a second that it's anything inferior to a us custom shop jackson; in many cases, they're just as good from a quality standpoint.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                        Sounds like early 90s Grover Jackson. I have a Grover Jackson Dan Spiz model myself .

This is how the logo looks, right?

(more pics in: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75142 )

Check out the catalouge scans from the 1993 and see if you can find your guitar in it:

sully is right, and Newc too about the serial numbers:

J001234 - Could be one of the Jackson PRO series (the ones from '90-'95) or one of these Grover Jacksons. They shared the same serial numbers.

6 numbers, no letters is what neck-thru Jackson Stars have.
                        That's the logo!!!

Comment

It's the black one on the left!!!

Soloist Standard (HH)

Comment

Awesome, i just have to see a pic of it. I have a standard in the HH config. It has all the binding and plays and sounds just as good as my USA soloist. http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...95_15_full.jpg Hopefully this link will get you to a pic. It's the blue one up front. Hope to see a pic of yours soon.

Garry

Comment

holy shit, hey garry!
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X