• Show
Clear All

Well I guess that's some sort of custom Dinky
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

It's an Ontario custom Dinky. Can't tell the date by the serial # since plates 1506 - 7303 were randomly assigned between '87 and '89, but the JT-590 makes it likely that it was made around '89, possibly as early as late '88. The non-recessed trem with pullup route is also a classic feature of guitars from around that time. That matching logo is sweet, too! Did you get this one?
      Last edited by dg; 10-26-2007, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Comment

^^^^^
          Huh. There's a clue.

Comment

I think I purchased it new in 1990. But when I look at the serial numbers from the Jackson site 1986 was the last time they where made in San Dimas.
            It has a San Dimas Plate though.
            Last edited by Gunner; 10-26-2007, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
              ^^^^^
              Huh. There's a clue.
              Here's a clue for you. Quite a bit of Ontario Jacksons got leftover San Dimas plates after they moved.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

At the risk of repeating myself, plates 1506 - 7303 were randomly assigned between '87 and '89, in Ontario. Like Joe said, they took the plates with them to Ontario and used 'em up. Makes sense that it would've been new in a shop in '90, or if ordered as a custom by an individual customer, delivered in '90. It's a beauty, Gunner. What else have you been hiding from us?

Comment

Thanks toejam. The serial # list wasn't making any sense to me. So how long did they use these plates? What year did they start the Ontario plates on them?

Comment

Well I have C/S Charvel redrum and 04 or 05 RR1 thats been re painted with black back ground and blue true flames.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Here's a clue for you. Quite a bit of Ontario Jacksons got leftover San Dimas plates after they moved.
                      Sorry, I know that. It was more of a comment on picture posting, than the plate number.

Comment

Thanks dg and Cygnus X1!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner View Post
                          So how long did they use these plates? What year did they start the Ontario plates on them?
                          They used the San Dimas plates through '89, then started with Ontario plate #7404 in '90. Not sure if the exact cutoff was Jan. '90 or not, but I bet someone here knows.

Comment

My guess its an 89 due to the up pull route and the large pickup cover and ring.90 they went to recessd trems and the standard covered pickups and rings.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                            X