Help Identifying This Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying This Charvel

I just received this guitar from Guitar Center, I bought it online But not sure of the model and also if is American or Japanese, Any info Appreciated!!!! , some Specs: Seymour Duncan Humbucker at Bridge, Serial # 01110227

Thanks in Advance

I believe that is a Journeyman. They were made in Japan, starting in 2002. Not sure exactly how long they were made, but they were discontinued after a pretty short time. Supposedly they're nice playing guitars, but they didn't sell very well and most were sold off cheap by dealers.

Comment

That is not a japanese serial though.

Comment

Just what I was gonna say. Maybe some MII variant.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here's a Journeyman on eBay. I know nothing about what serials these should have, but this one also has an 8 digit serial starting with 0:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Journeym...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

It's a Journeyman. Had a traditional in the same color. I might have a picture of the neck plate at home. If I remember I will check the Serial #

Comment

It is actually pretty weird what's going on with this guitar , i paid $150.00 for this and today i just tried it with my amp, man this guitar sounds better than my jackson dk2m, ibanez 350dx, charvel predator, i have 10 guitars but after my gibson les paul this one comes pretty close to the other ones if not better, i don't know if it's japanese or what but seems to be pretty good to be japanese

Comment

It's Japanese. Plenty of great playing/sounding guitars come from Japan. I read through a few old threads making sure that was a J-man, and it was interesting that quite a few people said the same thing about how great theirs sounded, even compared to other models from that same time like the Traditional & Model A. Makes me want to check one out, even though I'm not a big v-trem fan.

Comment

$150 is s steal bro Very good guitar!!

Jack

Comment

Chavel Journeyman

I have a black one looks just like yours. Ser# 01110420.
                    Small sticker on neck near the ID plate say's Made In Japan. I got this one a few years ago at a local shop. I paid 400. and it's worth every penny. Plays and sounds great. Interesting that over the years I have played many US guitars in the price range iof 3000. to 6000. and this gem plays as well.
                    Don

Comment

Yep that's a journeyman. I have the same guitar, same color also. I put a SD Custom 5 in and it sounds fantastic. A bit more vintage that the JB that came stock.

You got a bargain. I paid $400 for mine a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X