RR or a KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR or a KV

I think the Rhoads shape is cooler (even tough the y both ROCK), but the KV has 24 frets, so I was never in doubt... King V it was. I'm going to buy several 24 fret Rhoads guitars, though. At least one from Jackson, and mabye a custom Rhoads from Ran. (http://www.ranguitars.com/_en/index.htm)
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Hey Jamie...
      Are you getting the black/blue KV from Music Services?? I played that when they first got it in. She played very well, and I'm a big fan of the 'student' model accoutrements (see my '85 Kelly student in the gallery...). If I was a 'V' fan I would have scarfed her up myself! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Good luck w/ her...btw...When are we Jammin' !??! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

-Kenn

Comment

Thanks lads (and Kamo if you are really either Andrea or Ryann. Sorry if youre not and Ive misunderstood stuff completely).

Ive always kinda preferred the Rhoads shape but I might go for the King V.
        Anyone got a pic of a KV thats string thru? Apart from that Korina one from NAMM?

Jim

Comment

Kenn yeah thats it have it on hold. its kinda beat but thats cool since it will be a player not a case queen & the neck is real nice & thin. I really liked that fact its 22 FRET & has the 3 way toggle since i dont like slide switches.

as for Jammin i know i said i wanted to do a JCF thing this weekend but jackass me forgot it was EASTER & things have been crazy around the house my grandma died recently & ive had my head in my butt since then. sorry bout that i do want to, & hope i can set it up SOON FOR REAL.

Comment

James, here's a string-thru KV-10. It's got 24 frets and three-way toggle, but the input jack is under the bottom horn instead of the top. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...o=KVX10_King_V
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Aaah. Cool.
              Thanks Joe matey.
              Im after building a project V either a Rampart or a Warmoth body (see my 'Warmoth Q' thread in the guitars by other manufacturers section) and I cant decide whether to go for a KV or an RR.
              Im probably gonna go with a KV, cos the RR bodies at Rampart arent 100% accurate.

Jamesy

Comment

I have a RR1 and a KV3.

The Rhoads is awesome!, but one thing i really like about the KV is tha fact that, while standing, you can put the lower wing against your right leg and the balance gets perfect!

You can't go wrong with either one of those though... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I do not have a problem with the neck diving on my KV, and I use a basic nylon strap from Levy's. I prefer the 3-way blade switch over the toggle, no pickguard/control plate, 24 frets. That being said the lower wing concerns me, I'm always worried it is going to smack into something.

The Rhoads shape is awesome, but I do not know how it balances since I have not played one with a strap... but since it will be a project, you could offset any neck diving by altering where the strap pin was placed. One day I will get a 24 fret LTD shortwing custom shop built for me. I figure I will give it the KV control treatment (but without a tone pot). [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Counting the years until the order is placed. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

The originals were all 22 frets, just like the King's himself.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who is this "KING"?

Comment

Elvis. But in this case, Its Robbin 'King' Crosby of RATT.

Jim

Comment

Jamie,

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Let me know when you want to try to get together.

-Kenn

Comment

Jamie,

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Let me know when you want to try to get together.

-Kenn

Comment

Im sorry about your Grandmother too mate. I know how you feel.

Anyone got a picture of a RR or a KV in black with red bevels?
                            Thanks

James

Comment

Working...
                            X