Yet another Newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Newb

Wood here im new wanted to get in on everyones good side by introducing myself. Im in North FL. Dont have any Jacksons yet been thinking about it for a long time. Have 3 Ibbys right now. 91 RG 06 RGA and a 20th RG. Dont shoot me yet.

I may have a chance to get a 1984-1988 or so soloist but i dont know anything about it other than its been in the case under a bed since 1990.
    Ive been told it was a custom order from Metro Music in ATL. Which back then would have been the case for everything i believe? Anybody know what a guitar of this type might go for?

thanks Nice to meet you

Wood

Welcome.
    Don't feel bad about the RG's... I own an '87 RG 560 myself... great guitars!

As for the Soloist, any Jackson made before 1990 was a custom order, so don't let that sales tactic get to you.

What is it worth... depends on a lot of things.
    Got any pics?
    -Rick

Comment

I have not even seen the thing yet
      My dealer sold to the guy he said in the early to mid 80s but he hasnt seen it since
      i talked with a guy who played back then said hes almost piostive it was a soloist and it had a Floyd in it but thats it
      Dealer said he paid almost $2000 for it then

Also the woman whos selling it bought it for her terminally ill son back then
      so appearantly its just as if not more important who gets the guitar as how much she gets for it

Comment

See if you can get the serial number... that will tell what year it was made.
        It is stamped on the edge of the fretboard after the last fret.
        Should be Jxxxx. If it was made before 1986, it would be a San Dimas era guitar... they tend to bring a bit more $$$. 1986 and beyond are Ontario built and don't hold their value as well.
        Again... specs and condition are the key thing here.
        If it has a factory installed Floyd, it will typically bring more cash than one with a Kahler trem on it.

Get the specs, post pics if you can. That's about all I can tell you at this point.
        -Rick

Comment

yeah if he ever gets ahold of it then i take some pics
          even if i dont buy it
          im probably maxed out at 1000 so i dont think ill be able to afford it but we will see soon enough
          ive been waitin like 2 months now

Comment

the only picture i saw it looked like this one dont know what color its BW pic
            but i was told Floyd not Kahler?
            what do you think in good condition$?

Comment

As for the Soloist, any Jackson made before 1990 was a custom order, so don't let that sales tactic get to you.
              Really? I didn't know that. Anyway, i agree about the sales thing.... not much worth having a custom made guitar if it wasn't custom made for you.

Also the woman whos selling it bought it for her terminally ill son back then
              so appearantly its just as if not more important who gets the guitar as how much she gets for it
              damn.... that's sad =(
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by wo0d643 View Post
                the only picture i saw it looked like this one dont know what color its BW pic
                but i was told Floyd not Kahler?
                what do you think in good condition$?
                I see you grabbed the pic from the gallery.
                It's a student model (dot inlays instead of shark fins) Soloist with a Kahler.
                I wouldn't pay more than a grand for that one, but then again, I don't care for Kahlers.
                I'm sure to the right buyer, it would fetch more.
                -Rick

Comment

Ok Its J2367
                  fin inlays and its got a Kahler
                  i have not seen it so no color or anything
                  ill go see it tommorow and take a few pics if my dealer will let me
                  I really appreciate any help

Wood

Comment

Ok Its J2367

Wood
                    Sounds like a 1986 San Dimas. Check out this link:

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Ok Its J2367

Wood
                      Emergency!!!!
                      Anyone who can help!
                      We need an airdrop of punctuation marks here, quick!
                      Ron, do you have any extras in your first aid kit?
                      :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
                      Welcome,
                      To The JCF.............

Comment

[quote=Alvin_Wilson;1006471]Sounds like a 1986 San Dimas. Check out this link:

i was reading a bit ago. it seems that Jackson moved from San Dimas to Ontario in Oct of 1986. Did the new things like the frets over the binding come in when they moved or in 86 period?

Comment

Welcome!!!
                          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[quote=wo0d643;1006475]
                            Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                            Sounds like a 1986 San Dimas. Check out this link:

i was reading a bit ago. it seems that Jackson moved from San Dimas to Ontario in Oct of 1986. Did the new things like the frets over the binding come in when they moved or in 86 period?
                            I know they did move later in the year in 1986, not sure which month. I'm not sure about the binding over the frets, either. I sent you a PM, btw.
                            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

any idea what these go for in good condition?
                              Last edited by wo0d643; 11-08-2007, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X