What do you hate about your Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you hate about your Jackson?

Ok, guys. I know we are a whole bunch of Jackson worshipers and that we think the Luthiers over at Jaskson are nothing other than angels sent from heaven to save the metal world (if that is possible [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] )

CONFESS:

What is the one thing you hate about your Jackson guitar?

I will start giving you mine:

"Every time I am playing on my first or sixth strings I feel like I can pull them easily off the fretboard and end up "off bounds". I find this happens to me often when I get carried away with power chrods based on the the low E.

I dont feel this happens to me with other brands but I find it consistetly in both my Charvel 650XL and my SL-2H."

[ April 20, 2003, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: What do you hate about your Jackson?

I HATE that my RR1...and RRs in general...have front-routed controls with that control plate on the front. Jeez, I wish they'd ditch that and just make them all routed from the back, I think guitars look so much better without front plates.

Comment

I'd agree with the front routing. I also am not too fond of the idea of changing owners every few years.

Comment

The only thing I don't like about my SL2H is the placement of the volume knob, it's quite ok, but sometimes I accidently touch it...

Anders
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Knob placement. It gets so bad that I had to move the tone knob into the cavity and put the volume where the tone knob was.

Comment

The one thing I simply cannot STAND about my Jacksons is.......THEY'RE SO ADDICTIVE THAT I WANT TO BUY ALMOST EVERY ONE I SEE!
            [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Chrome hardware; I prefer black. I don't
              HATE it, but I don't LIKE it. Black hardware looks better on any Jackson IMO.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The thing i hate about my Jackson is i always try to take soooo much care of it. I am almost crying if i ding it on something....yet i have a Les Paul that cost almost twice as much and i throw that around and dont give a damn what i do with it.

I lurrrrve my Jackson. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah Rodrigo I have the same problem on my KE3 except it only really happens to me on the high E. It happens the most when I'm playing legato and can get quite annoying. I'm sure I'll get used to it and adapt my style after a while tho. Does anyone know if its worth upgrading the Duncan Designed Detonator to a real Sd Invader?

Comment

chrome hardware looks awful

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                      The one thing I simply cannot STAND about my Jacksons is.......THEY'RE SO ADDICTIVE THAT I WANT TO BUY ALMOST EVERY ONE I SEE!
                      [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">amen Bro amen !!! //Steve

Comment

I don't hate anything about any of my Jacksons, ... but I wish my '87 Soloist had a 5-way selector switch instead of the 3 little on/off mini-toggle switches. They are a total pain in the a$$ when switching pickups in the middle of a song. I have come close to modifying it by cutting the slot for the 5-way switch and installing one, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gpops:
                          chrome hardware looks awful
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">.........the chrome looks great man ! you just got to get one in chrome , blk , satin chrome , and gold and then your rocking man and no complaints , hopefully all usa custom as well ! lol ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Wendell:
                            I don't hate anything about any of my Jacksons, ... but I wish my '87 Soloist had a 5-way selector switch instead of the 3 little on/off mini-toggle switches. They are a total pain in the a$$ when switching pickups in the middle of a song. I have come close to modifying it by cutting the slot for the 5-way switch and installing one, but I can't bring myself to do it.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">.... why not get one of those bigger toggle switches ? it would be a easier mod , and faster than the 5 way . //Steve

Comment

The only thing I hate is the stock pickups.. but they get changed anyway. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X