Dk2m Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk2m Help!

Hi iam thinking about getting a new dk2m in snow white,i used to have the older one with dd pups in,can anyone tell what this guitar is like or sounds like,i play maiden sabbath ted nugent,focus hocus pocus,priest rainbow megadeath ect.
    Dk2 pro in black
    Marshall jcm900 4502dr
    Marshall vs200 avt100
    and diamonds and rust.....

Cool font and color! Man, for those of us that are aging and are losing eyesight you're a blessing.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sounds like whatever you play on it I would think.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by maiden666 View Post
        Hi iam thinking about getting a new dk2m in snow white,i used to have the older one with dd pups in
        If you already had an older one, why would a newer one play any different?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          If you already had an older one, why would a newer one play any different?
          Because they don't have the DD pups in them!
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I see how that would make it play different. LOL :ROTF:
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You guys don't play.

Comment

Go to the top of this page.
                Click "Search"
                Enter DK2M
                Click Go (or hit enter)
                Read.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by maiden666 View Post
                  Hi iam thinking about getting a new dk2m in snow white,i used to have the older one with dd pups in,can anyone tell what this guitar is like or sounds like,i play maiden sabbath ted nugent,focus hocus pocus,priest rainbow megadeath ect.
                  you mean megadeth lol

Comment

Rainbow is all single-coil Strat sounds. I have a DK2M just like the one you are considering and I wouldn't say that you'll get Strat tones out of it.

It's a pretty darn good guitar but it's not going to get any sort of single-coil tones without some re-wiring, new pickups or a major overhaul. There are some DK2M's floating around with an H/S/S setup. With that version, you'd get closer to at least some more strat-like sounds right out of the box.
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

There was no DK2M with DD pickups was there? They only came in after the read Duncans upgrade for the DK2 series.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
                        There was no DK2M with DD pickups was there? They only came in after the read Duncans upgrade for the DK2 series.
                        I think he meant to say he had a DK2 with DD pickups, and now he wants a DK2M with the Seymour Duncans in it.

To get single coil tones, all you need is a pair of push / pull pots to split the coils. Not too difficult.

Comment

"Focus Hocus Pocus" I haven't heard that in a long time! I think I'd fly all the way to the UK just to see a band play that live.

Comment

Working...
                          X