X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fng

Hey Boys!

I'm the new FNG here on JCF.

I have been reading all the forums here at JCF and couldn't wait for my account to be approved. I hope I can add something to these forums

I just wanted to say hello and give you a little background on me incase anyone cared.

My past with Jackson goes back to when I was 14 and started getting into music. A friend of mine had a Jackson RR EX Pro with the Stone finish. At lunch we used to go to his house and I would watch him play. He also had a full Randall Stack and that was pure Metal to me. So that was the first guitar I ever laid my hands on. I was hooked right from the get go! Jackson became my guitar of choice.

I wanted to play Bass, so I bought a 93 Jackson Concert EX with the Stone finish and loved that thing. I also bought a Gibson Explorer for good measure. I was in a band and all that and couldn't have been happier.

My music life was happy till I turned 20 and moved in with a girl. After the first week of living there, I got laid off and had to sell all my stuff to pay for the rent. Unfortunately that included my Concert EX and I have regretted it ever since.

Now I am 29 and am determined to return to my gear to it's former glory. Last week I bought that EXACT Jackson RR with the Stone finish on eBay and it should be here this week. I also bought another Black RR for the hell of it. It will be my "Backup" guitar.

The only thing I have left to replace is my beloved Jackson Concert EX Bass with the Stone finish. I keep searching high and low but hopefully I will find it one day. I won't give up!

Anyways, I'm glad to be here! Oh, and yes I did read the rules!

Zombie

Welcome to the board!! Glad to hear things are looking up for ya. There are alot of good people here to enjoy!!

Comment

Wecome aboard, Zombie rocker dude.
      Looking forward to seeing some pix of the RR's, when they arive.

Comment

Thanks for the Welcome!

Things have been good for awhile now and are nice and stable. Now that my career is well on it's way, I can take some time for me. I have been waiting for this for awhile now.

I promise that when I get my new axes I will post pix for all to see. I will be like a new father!

Thanks again,

Zombie

Comment

Hello and welcome. I'm new too and I am also awaiting my new gear purchuse, a Model 3. I think we've both come to the right place

Comment

Howdy Zombie!

Comment

Welcome fellow Canadian!!
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's a nice introduction if I ever saw one. Welcome to the forum Zombie! Be sure to post pics of your guitars!

Comment

High man...welcome aboard..uh...the board.
                    The Buzzard does not fear
                    The man in riot gear
                    Harvest a skull of stone
                    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Welcome to the hood.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Last traces of "nationalism" if i ever had any

Welcome fellow Canadian!!
                        +1, and i was gonna say +1 if i ever saw one

Yeah, i ended up a Jackson junkie myself after 10/so of classical guitar playing. When i regained interest in electric stuff i was lucky enough to have a local store have a (relatively cheap) ps-2 in consignment. That was about 10 years ago - since then, all other guitars i've played, even the high-end fender/gibson stuff, seems a bit.. lacking, to my ears & fingers... so from a fellow canadian from Montréal,

"It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Welcome dude, I'm a noob also. I have my first Jackson on order.

Comment

Losing your gear really sucks. I know cause I been through it to. Paying for it all over again seems completely ridiculous, but it does feel great to get your stuff back.

Welcome to the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
                              Hey Boys!

I'm the new FNG here on JCF.

I have been reading all the forums here at JCF and couldn't wait for my account to be approved. I hope I can add something to these forums

I just wanted to say hello and give you a little background on me incase anyone cared.

My past with Jackson goes back to when I was 14 and started getting into music. A friend of mine had a Jackson RR EX Pro with the Stone finish. At lunch we used to go to his house and I would watch him play. He also had a full Randall Stack and that was pure Metal to me. So that was the first guitar I ever laid my hands on. I was hooked right from the get go! Jackson became my guitar of choice.

I wanted to play Bass, so I bought a 93 Jackson Concert EX with the Stone finish and loved that thing. I also bought a Gibson Explorer for good measure. I was in a band and all that and couldn't have been happier.

My music life was happy till I turned 20 and moved in with a girl. After the first week of living there, I got laid off and had to sell all my stuff to pay for the rent. Unfortunately that included my Concert EX and I have regretted it ever since.

Now I am 29 and am determined to return to my gear to it's former glory. Last week I bought that EXACT Jackson RR with the Stone finish on eBay and it should be here this week. I also bought another Black RR for the hell of it. It will be my "Backup" guitar.

The only thing I have left to replace is my beloved Jackson Concert EX Bass with the Stone finish. I keep searching high and low but hopefully I will find it one day. I won't give up!

Anyways, I'm glad to be here! Oh, and yes I did read the rules!

Zombie
                              **************** Looks like your making all the right moves...
                              now just DONT replace the girlfriend !! Welcome to the board..and
                              you wont believe how much knowledge there is here! These guys
                              know more than they do at the Factory! Nice to have you here.

Comment

Working...
                              X