No announcement yet.

MIJ Proffesional - What do I have here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ Proffesional - What do I have here?

I have a Soloist Professional, I was told it was early 90's MIJ production. Near as I can tell from doing a search, I have a 'Soloist AT1 Archtop'. Here's the specifics:
    24.75" scale
    Flame maple carved top
    Floyd trem
    Mahogany body/SET maple neck
    Reverse sharkfin MOP inlays
    MOP logo

Is there a way to tell what year it is from the SN?

Also wondering how well I did on it....what is a typical guitar like this fetching these days (with a few battle scars, nothing serious or structural)?

Thanks!
    Dave

Here is a link to the Soloist Archtop Pro page from the 1990-91 catalog:

The AT1 is a different guitar completely, and isn't actually a Soloist.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok, thanks! It appears that I have a 'Soloist Archtop Trem'....you hit the nail on the head.

-Is there a way to determine the exact year of manufacture from the serial number?
      -What is the typical value range one might encounter with this guitar? (I haven't had much luck with the ebay search)

Btw, Happy Thanksgiving!

Dave

Comment

90 + the first digit of your serial is the year of manufacture
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Actually the serial should start with J0, not 90. J0xxxxx to be exact, though I'm not real sure if those had special serials.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
            Ok, thanks! It appears that I have a 'Soloist Archtop Trem'....you hit the nail on the head.

-Is there a way to determine the exact year of manufacture from the serial number?
            -What is the typical value range one might encounter with this guitar? (I haven't had much luck with the ebay search)

Btw, Happy Thanksgiving!

Dave

Post the serial number it should start with a J0xxxxx or J1xxxxx . They were made for two years 1990 J0 and 1991 J1. You are not going to find any info on ebay as they do not change hands all that often. I have only seen about a half dozen or so in the last 4 years on ebay. The last one was about three month ago went in the mid $700.00 range IIRC .

BTW
            Mike
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

It's J001xxx. So I guess this means it was built in 1990? Thanks for the info!

Dave

Comment

Oops, forgot the pic!

Comment

Great guitar there! I want one of the MIJ Soloist Archtops.
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Almost forgot, Welcome to JCF Dave!

Nice guitar man! Samash has a similar axe but I like yours better with the reverse inlays and the fact that it's an older one. Very nice!

Heres samash's version

Comment

The Archtop Pro also has an ebony board, as opposed to rosewood on the Sam Ash guitar.

Comment

The other difference is the Archtop Pro is a 24.75 scale guitar. Were as the Sam Ash version is 25.5 .
                        Mike
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                        X