First 12 String i ever saw!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 12 String i ever saw!!!

I dont know that there are 12 string E-GuitarS!!!

I think i have to get one

!!!

5 string, 6 string, 7 string and 8 string as well!
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

who would want a 12 string jackson?

excluding mustain and his double neck, but solely a 12 string?

Comment

Someone with twice as much imagination and half as much skill?

Those guys are nuts if they think that 650XL with the Desert Crackle and toothpaste logo is a USA.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
          who would want a 12 string jackson?

excluding mustain and his double neck, but solely a 12 string?
          Mustaine had a 12 string Y2KV come to think of it, but hey, different strokes for different folks right?
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

They are nuts, infact crazy

I still should check that shop out one day, but there obvious lack of interest in jackson/charvel aside from gouging the hell out of the prices drives me elsewhere.

Comment

Some of those guitars, like the Jigsaw and Crackle 750 have been there FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've always thought it strange how they would call the Crackle 750 a USA but the dark blue/black one is a Japanese guitar. They want so much for the crackle and it has damage to the paint!!

They've both been there for a looooooooong time.

Comment

what, you haven't seen Rusty Cooley's new 18-string ibanez custom? That thing's a fuggin harp with 62 frets!!
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Jackson 12 strings are among the rarest Jacksons. Maybe 10 or 12 total?? I know one collector who has 4 of these.

Just a little background on that particular store....Guitarcrazy in Australia.

First off, the owner of that store is one hell of a stand-up guy, really. I wish there were more like him.

Years ago this was the store that had the very first Kelly......... KELLY's Kelly, J0029...for sale!

I was the one lucky enough to call first and pay for it with a credit card....about $1,400 USD including shipping, OVERNIGHT to California.

After he had run my card and we had a deal....he got INUNDATED with calls from all over the world and turned down quite a few DOUBLE $$$ offers because ...as he told them.

"The guitar is SOLD."

THAT is an honest dealer. Very few dealers would have done that....I doubt any dealer in US would have withstood that kind of $$$ pressure. Just my opinion.

I think...after that deal and because of all the offers, he may place a higher than market value price on any Jacksons he gets in...and he's had a few VERY cool ones since!

A Class 'A' guy to deal with in my book.
                    Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 11-22-2007, 10:54 PM.
                    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

that is a stand up guy!!! very rare these days....
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Just cheat! Roland G-20 Synth with G-33 Pickup..all the 12 string
                        you want...on 6 strings! 2nd.. check out a Taylor thinline 12...
                        3rd... try a Fender V strat with built in Roland synth modes...5 different
                        alternate tunings, and the 12 string patch is fantastic too.
                        Basically...skip ACTUALLY having 12 strings on your axe! The tension
                        is high...and they are tough to play. Now that Jackson 10 string with
                        purple quilt top... God i want one!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                          Jackson 12 strings are among the rarest Jacksons. Maybe 10 or 12 total?? I know one collector who has 4 of these.

Just a little background on that particular store....Guitarcrazy in Australia.

First off, the owner of that store is one hell of a stand-up guy, really. I wish there were more like him.

Years ago this was the store that had the very first Kelly......... KELLY's Kelly, J0029...for sale!

I was the one lucky enough to call first and pay for it with a credit card....about $1,400 USD including shipping, OVERNIGHT to California.

After he had run my card and we had a deal....he got INUNDATED with calls from all over the world and turned down quite a few DOUBLE $$$ offers because ...as he told them.

"The guitar is SOLD."

THAT is an honest dealer. Very few dealers would have done that....I doubt any dealer in US would have withstood that kind of $$$ pressure. Just my opinion.

I think...after that deal and because of all the offers, he may place a higher than market value price on any Jacksons he gets in...and he's had a few VERY cool ones since!

A Class 'A' guy to deal with in my book.
                          In conclusion : You have the Kelly j0029??? Post some pics please!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingo View Post
                            In conclusion : You have the Kelly j0029??? Post some pics please!!!!!!!
                            Not anymore...I owned it for about a year and then traded it.

J0029 had been modified...somebody had added a very non-standard Floyd to it. The post spacing was different so you couldn't just drop a real Floyd in.

I believe the current owner had it completely re-done back to the stock Schaller stoptail configuration with the necessary re-finish as well.

Great playing guitar...the neck was very narrow at the nut. I just couldn't get past the mod and I didn't want to be the one to completely re-do it.
                            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

and now you havent some pics drom the past???

Comment

Working...
                              X