These hangers aren't for clothes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These hangers aren't for clothes...

Sorry, cheesy title, but now that I've got your attention...

I finally got around to hanging up my guitars in the new house. The wife let me have a whole room to myself, so I'm free to do what I want with it

De Armond Pilot

Charvel Predator w/ JB in the bridge

Ibanez AX7221? The specs match, but it has a build date of 1999, a year before the AX7221 was made.

This is my father-in-law's old Guild acoustic that he bought in the 70s. I have no idea what model it is.

Sorry for the crappy pictures. At least I got the whole guitar in the shots!
    Scott

Nice collection especially the Genz Benz!
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Looks kinda like mine except i have only one direcly into the wall, and an aluminum plate with holes for the other 3 which i can move around to my liking. I like having my main guitars on wall hooks a lot more than in their cases.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Looks familiar, I've got another one up since this pic...

Comment

cut your string ends :P

Comment

and get a real job :P

no seriously, cut those off before you poke someone's eye(s) out!
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

you know you can get a pair of wire cutters for like, 2 dollars.

Comment

No one using the "hercules" hangers? I like their locking system
                and then when you lift it up, the swivel locks move out of the way..
                $15 each. Ive got 16 of them! Great design imo.
                Oh, and dont trust the plastic anchors for sheet rock only..
                i used 2 and 1/4" screws to go an inch into the 2x4 stud.
                That way they hold 50 lbs. No way even a heavy bass is falling.

Last edited by Robert Burns; 11-25-2007, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                  No one using the "hercules" hangers?
                  I use them too Robert after reading recommendations on this forum, so I assume lots of people have 'em. You're right, they're great.

My walls are made of concrete, so you could hang an anvil on the guitar hooks and it would stay put. Excuse the fish-eye lens (it seemed like a good idea at the time):

I have a fourth hook, but I need another Jackson to hang on it.

Oh, and I don't have a room to myself. That's our living room. Guitars make for great decorations and good talking points IMO.

Comment

rob: i have one that looks like that but there's no lock on it. Brand is "string swing", cost me $20 about 10 years ago.

+ that steel ibanez is nice

Comment

The Hercules stands are pretty bitchin too.

Comment

make sure those wall hangers are screwed into studs,hate to
                        see a guitar fall off the wall
                        http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Originally posted by Roidster View Post
                          make sure those wall hangers are screwed into studs,hate to
                          see a guitar fall off the wall
                          even if not on a stud, if a proper metal drywall anchor is used, there would be no worries of it coming loose under a guitar's weight.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                            even if not on a stud, if a proper metal drywall anchor is used, there would be no worries of it coming loose under a guitar's weight.
                            +1

And what's with all the "cut my strings" talk? This way I have a weapon if someone attacks me.
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                              I use them too Robert after reading recommendations on this forum, so I assume lots of people have 'em. You're right, they're great.

My walls are made of concrete, so you could hang an anvil on the guitar hooks and it would stay put. Excuse the fish-eye lens (it seemed like a good idea at the time):

I have a fourth hook, but I need another Jackson to hang on it.

Oh, and I don't have a room to myself. That's our living room. Guitars make for great decorations and good talking points IMO.
                              *** Love that 9 string Kelly !! (or at least it looks like a 9 with
                              that lens!

Comment

Working...
                              X