Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel ST Custom

Hey, guys.

I'm trying to find information on a guitar that I've owned from new, bought in about 1991 in London.

It's a red Charvel ST Custom. I'm particularly interested in the pickup configuration - I've been trying to work it out as I want to replkace the pickups. Has anyone carried out this procedure?

Thanks.

Mark.

Check the catalog scans in the general section.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

From the 1990-91 Charvette/Charvel/Jackson catalog, this model has four single-coil sized humbuckers, with two together at the bridge.

http://audiozone.dk/cm/albums/jc-cat...0-1/Page28.jpg

Based on the catalog page, the 5 way pickup selector engages the three pickups with the Charvel logo, while the extra 'front pickup at the bridge' is controlled by the 3-way mini switch, in-phase, out-of-phase, plus I assume an off position.

I presume based on the mention of 15 possible combinations, that this extra pickup is wired so it can be selected in addition to any other pickup, you you have the 5 sound options of the 3 main pickups using the 5-way switch with the extra pickup in the 'off' position, plus another 5 sounds adding the extra pickup engaged in-phase to any of the 3 main pickups/5-way switch, and a final 5 sounds adding the extra pickup engaged out-of-phase to any of the 3main pickups/5-way switch.

There's no wiring diagram, so you'd have to trace from your current wiring if you want to swap pickups.

Comment

Working...
      X