New guy with a new toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with a new toy!

Hi there, I'm new and have been lurking for a few weeks. Now I'm ready to share. I've wanted a Jackson ever since I first saw Vinnie Vincent back in 1983. Last week I finally got my first from Ed Roman.

She's an RR1 with a reverse headstock and the now-discontinued graveyard finish, and absolutely RIPS. I've never played a neck before that felt this good! With any luck, I'll post the image correctly the first time....

Sorry thy're such big images, but they're totally worth it!
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Wow. You came to the right place.
    Excellent first post, too...
    Welcome to the JCF.

Comment

Wow Nice grab! And reverse headstock too? How was your experience with the Lucky Charms man?
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

reverse headstock RR1 !! damn lucky guy .. awesome guitar

Comment

Dang that graveyard graphic rules. It looks like something Bob Ross would do if he were high on PCP (I think he normally just did weed).

Comment

I love reverse headstocks. It's too bad Jackson didn't do all these reverse pieces when I had money to burn. Nice axe!

Comment

Cool guitar, and welcome to the forum.

Please do give some 1st hand details on your dealings with Ed Roman.
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

That pic makes me want to hang out at a graveyard

Comment

That graphic looks right on a RR for some reason.Very cool and love the reverse head too.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

From one newb to another, welcome. That's quite an entrance. Amazing detail on that finish! Congratulations on the acquisition!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! As soon as I saw this guitar, I knew I had to have it.

I saw a few graveyard finishes on Guitar Asylum's site, but the colors were brighter. I think the more subdued hues fit the mood of the graphic better. A happy little headstone here, a happy little ruin there...it's all good! I always liked the reverse headstock, but the idea of seeing it on a Rhoads just makes my pants fit a little tighter.

Everybody I delt with at Ed's were totally cool. I didn't get to meet Ed or anything, as I did the whole deal over the phone and had the guitar shipped. However, now I have a great reason to plan a Vegas trip. I've got to see that showroom in person!
                      The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Welcome to the board. Nice first post and great guitar. I have been around here for a long time and still feel like a lurker. Maybe it was a good thing you didnt meet Ed. The people that have never seem to be very impressed.
                        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          Dang that graveyard graphic rules. It looks like something Bob Ross would do if he were high on PCP (I think he normally just did weed).

I almost pissed my pants when I saw this picture,I was like no wayyyyyyyy :ROTF:

Killer Jackson and congrats,that's one bad M'fr. RR w/rev looks great.For some reason I would love to play some King Diamond on it,like "Welcome Home"
                          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Dammit...nice score!!! I dig reversed HSs!!! Welcome on board!!!
                            Stay fuckin metal.... for life!!! ALEX

www.myspace.com/alekshitz

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbing Manor View Post
                              Thanks for the warm welcome! As soon as I saw this guitar, I knew I had to have it.

I saw a few graveyard finishes on Guitar Asylum's site, but the colors were brighter. I think the more subdued hues fit the mood of the graphic better. A happy little headstone here, a happy little ruin there...it's all good! I always liked the reverse headstock, but the idea of seeing it on a Rhoads just makes my pants fit a little tighter.

Everybody I delt with at Ed's were totally cool. I didn't get to meet Ed or anything, as I did the whole deal over the phone and had the guitar shipped. However, now I have a great reason to plan a Vegas trip. I've got to see that showroom in person!
                              Welcome! And great first Jackson...you like to start "At the top"!
                              That showroom is a thing of the past, as he has sold out to a car
                              dealer. I have heard that he started up another store somewhere in
                              the Las Vegas area though...but i'll bet it will be 2000 sqft instead of
                              the 16K sq ft he had before! Again welcome, and its nice to live the
                              dream !!

Comment

Working...
                              X