What should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I get?

I'm deciding between a Charvel Retro Star, Jackson Doug Aldrich Physco Y-O(If I can find one!), 1974 White Les Paul(like the one Randy Rhoads had) and an ESP George Lynch Kamikaze.

Those are all very different guitars. Even if you buy the Les Paul, you still might find yourself wanting a Kamikaze or the Charvel Star. I'd say buy the one you want the most, then save up for the others.
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

1) what have u already got??

2) and what do u want to do?

personally i'd drop the les paul, because they've got poor fret acces i think and it sounds like u want trem use by the other guitars..

i would also stray away from being a fan boy. yes its cool getting he same guitars as x and y, but ultimately a) i think people will just think of u as a clone , and b) u'll get stuck in into cloning by playing rhoads licks on rhoads guitars all the time, thus compounding things. a different guitar might be good for u developing something of ur own thats distinctly u

plus u already have a rhoads guitar, get a different one. why have two just for the sake of it?

Comment

Yeah these are the 3 guitars I already have.

Sandoval Randy Rhoads V
        Jackson SL3 Soloist
        Jackson JS30 Rhoads(Not a great axe but I've keep it since it's my first Jackson and I got it signed by Zakk Wylde)

Comment

ok well if u got 2 jacksons already, thats knocks off the aldrich model, unless u plan on selling and replacing one of ur other jacksons with it - why have three guitars that all do the same thing unless ur a pro and touring everywhere?

a charvel retro star will have a vintage trem i'm guessing, but u've laready got a rhoads with that so that knocks that off.

the only one thats significantly different to the res is the lynch, and u got a lot of options with that 2 , a very different sound with the all maple, a different pickup config, ebony board, the style and playability will also st it apart from the others...but do u want that?

Comment

I'd stay away rom the mid to late 70's Les Paul's. My experience with them has shown them to have quality, cost cutting, problems. For example, I had a beautiful '74 Custom in Tobacco burst that I bought new in Jan. '75. It had a 5 piece maple top and a super skinny wizard like neck. I had a '76 Standard in Cherryburst with a 4 piece maple top, although it did have a maple/rosewood neck. Just some idea's. Get what sounds best to you.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Well my first 2 choices are probably the ESP Kamikaze and the Charvel Star. Both the most different and probably the most affordable.

Comment

Working...
              X