Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck on New USA jacksons comparet to Japanese Professional Series

I need a little advice

I'm interested in buying a king V. Now the last time that I bought a V style jackson it was in 1994, and I bought a RR Professional series (STD) model. I love the neck on that guitar,,and even my father who is a blues guy loves the feel of that guitar.

I was in the music store yesterday playing a USA KV2.

What I am interested in is knowing the difference between the necks of the different models.

I like thin necks, and from what I noticed, the neck on the new 2007 king V felt just a tad thicker than the neck on my old RR V from 1994 (Jap model).

I have a few options

I can buy a new king V after Christmas

I could wait until the Japanese models of 2008 come out, and buy one of those? (because from what I have see it looks like the King V with neck through and bound ebony fretboard will be made in Japan next year).

Or

The last option is that I get a Kevin Bond RR from this year. I played that guitar, and it feels exactly like my current Japanese RR, but it has a bound neck, and some nice inlays (albeit pentigrams) but still unique looking.

Does anyone know if the Japanese models for 2008 will be of the same high quality as the Japanese models of the 1993-95 era?

You can get Jackson Stars neck-through KV (made in Japan) and it is the same quality as the USA stuff. The prices are going up with the new year, but you will still be able to get the 2007 models and older for cheap.

More info:

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
      You can get Jackson Stars neck-through KV (made in Japan) and it is the same quality as the USA stuff. The prices are going up with the new year, but you will still be able to get the 2007 models and older for cheap.

More info:
      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77188

I saw that,,and that's what sparked some of my interest. I thought that this catalog was just next years Pro series models,,I didn't realize that these models are still and have been available this whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
        I didn't realize that these models are still and have been available this whole time.
        Yup, only in Japan though.

Comment

Yup, only in Japan though.
          SO where can I order one from. I checked that Ikebe web site, and I only see Rhodes models,,and it doesn't look like there's an email contact.

Comment

Ikebe's email:
            [email protected]

Ishibashi is good aswell:
            [email protected]

contact them for model availability .

Comment

Ikebe's email:
              [email protected]

Ishibashi is good aswell:
              [email protected]

contact them for model availability .

Thank you very much

Comment

All Charvel and Jackson necks (including the Japanese imports) are all profiled and finish shaped by hand.

Even Model series necks were not consistent from one to the next... I've had 3 3DRs and each of them had a slightly different profile and thickness. Of the two model 6's I've had, neither were the same, etc...
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  All Charvel and Jackson necks (including the Japanese imports) are all profiled and finish shaped by hand.

Even Model series necks were not consistent from one to the next... I've had 3 3DRs and each of them had a slightly different profile and thickness. Of the two model 6's I've had, neither were the same, etc...

I didn't know that. That's useful...

Comment

because from what I have see it looks like the King V with neck through and bound ebony fretboard will be made in Japan next year
                    Does this mean there'll finally be a King V in the range between the KVX10 and the KV2?

Crank it, spank it, smack it on the bing-bong

Comment

I've a newish SL2H and a japanese SL3 and they have different profiles. You can feel it easily, however it took no time to get used to and I like both.

Comment

Working...
                      X