RR Shortwing Custom Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Shortwing Custom Shop

Wonder if someone with a little more knowledge can give me some info. I recently purchased a RR Jackson Custom Shop "Shortwing". I was always under the impression that the Custom Shop would not produce the "Shortwing" version. I have read a few other posts regarding this and this guitar had some of the same stipulations (normal Jackson logo, smaller block inlay in in the first fret).

Does anyone know if the Custom Shop produced many of these other than the 10th Anniv or 25th Anniv models?

The only thing the custom shop will not produce is anythign that has a copywrite on it( ie raiders logo) or the "Strat headstock" unless the desgin comes that way (PC1). The shortwing is available but not to exact specs as the orginal "Concorde". That is a limited run.

Comment

nice guitar!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yes, nice guitar and first post as well
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannella View Post
          The only thing the custom shop will not produce is anythign that has a copywrite on it( ie raiders logo) or the "Strat headstock" unless the desgin comes that way (PC1). The shortwing is available but not to exact specs as the orginal "Concorde". That is a limited run.
          you sure about that. i didnt think the custom shop would make that shape at all. & that one looks like the specs are pretty damn close to the concordes other than the MOP logo.

Comment

it also has a regular sized headstock; the concorde was thinner. i'm guessing it has the standard 3 differences that jackson used to do from limited runs.

we also have a member here whose shortwing body order was shot down, and was even told that you can't get the original pinstripes anymore.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

and now that i look closer at it, it seems to have the LTD body, which is different from the real deal.
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

For reference's sake, here's Randy's original guitar...the very first "Jackson" guitar actually produced...

Comment

".... on shortwings, no flying high"

kidding..... i just happen to like the "normal" Rhoads shape better. Actually i regard it as the "Andrés Segovia" shape of electric guitars Randy was a pure genius when it came to... well, just about every aspect of music, being it technical or musicianship. The RR shape is (imo) one the best things he ever contributed to the guitar industry. "Short-wing" or not. The traditional shape may be more balanced in weight and look better, but the pics above clearly show more wood area behind the bridge which means more bass through the pickups ..... which in turn means "meatier" and more "organic" solo sounds. Anyway, just my $0.02 ....
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

The guitar was built around the time they were making the 25th Anniv guitars. In comparing mine to the 25th and the Ltd models, it seems to look more like the 25th model. The shoulders coming off the neck are smaller than the ones on a Ltd. I really wanted a 10th or 25th Anniv model, but this one was considerably less in price.

Comment

FYI - My understanding is some of the prior "rules" were recently relaxed. You still can't get an exact copy of Randy's original made. However, some of the previous "no's" may have gotten a little looser and more reasonable than how they were previously applied.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                        some of the previous "no's" may have gotten a little looser and more reasonable than how they were previously applied.
                        That's good to hear. I wish you could still get an exact tho.

Hey btx109 you have anymore of those pics of Randys guitar? and thanks for posting so all can see the diff of the two RR's

Comment

Originally posted by ggus View Post
                          The guitar was built around the time they were making the 25th Anniv guitars. In comparing mine to the 25th and the Ltd models, it seems to look more like the 25th model. The shoulders coming off the neck are smaller than the ones on a Ltd. I really wanted a 10th or 25th Anniv model, but this one was considerably less in price.

nice...now that i look at the guitar you posted compared to my ltd, i see the shoulder difference. one thing that's interesting to me is that both bodies are still off, shape-wise. look at the knob placement as it relates to the stripes. the body on the original flares out more, and the wingspread at the bottom of the body is also wider on randy's than the ltd models, or the one that you've got. here's a pic of my ltd body:

still a kickass guitar, though

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

hm, could also be that the stripes on the ltd and the body that you posted are more spread apart from each other than the original.
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Can someone fill me in on why the won't produce some of this stuff?

Comment

Working...
                              X