Rhodes Custom Pickguard/Cavity cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
    I think the diamond plating looks sweet!
    So do I. I also had a black aluminum diamond plate pickguard put on my Les Paul.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm a sucker for diamond plate. But, the pickguard looks a little lonely. Maybe custom pickup rings and truss rod cover in that same faded color?

EDIT: the room and photo look kickass, though. Looks like a dungeon!
      Last edited by Axewielder; 12-14-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I like it... if ya like pick guards that is... Looks good on that Roads...

:ROTF: :ROTF:
        Kidding... Sorry. Had to do it.

:ROTF:

But I do like it though...
        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
          Not everyone buys a RR model because of Randy Rhoads - some people just like the design, or maybe they saw someone else like Dan Spitz playing it.

I think it's pretty poor when a guy puts so much work into a project and asks for comments and all he gets is advice on how to spell, especially when it really does look good.

Maybe Nev will get into Randy Rhoads as a result of his guitars and this forum - I am. Who cares how he spells the name?
          he'll have a bitch of a time finding stuff for his guitar when he's googling for "Rhodes" parts though.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Cool mods! Thanks for sharing. Renews my urge to finally acquire a project Jackson...

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            So do I. I also had a black aluminum diamond plate pickguard put on my Les Paul.
            My first thought was the Rhoads would prolly look very nice with black diamond plate.

Any pics of the LP toejam?

Comment

yeah black might suit it better. silver + white + black...it doesn't really go. maybe if it didn't have the white bevels?

Comment

the plate looks very nice, but as a theme it would probably look even better on a different finish like GMG or bolted steel...or you could try what someone else suggested, get matching pickup rings or something.

I'm thinking of getting a custom white plate done for my snow white RR1T when it gets here...

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
                  My first thought was the Rhoads would prolly look very nice with black diamond plate.

Any pics of the LP toejam?
                  Here's one. Though, you can't really see the diamond plate too well... my photo skills suck! It was made by Dave (Budman68).
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Here's one. Though, you can't really see the diamond plate too well... my photo skills suck!
                    I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      he'll have a bitch of a time finding stuff for his guitar when he's googling for "Rhodes" parts though.
                      I had a bitch of a time finding stuff for mine even when I spelt it correctly! Thankfully some nice guy on here pointed me in the right direction to get a couple of things.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

i like it well done!
                        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Working...
                        X