Guitar for New player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar for New player?

So, im a bit of a noober when it comes to guitars. Ive been browsing different brands, and ive become rather partiall to the Jacksons. Rhoads V or Kelly? Floyd rose or not?
    I would really appreciate some sugestions for a beginner such as myself. Thanks!!

IMO, I'd recommend trying the more "extremes" shape before buying if you're a beginner. Balance/upper fret access can take some adjustments with these shapes. I found that the Dinky style Jacksons have the easiest necks to play, which could help if you're just starting.
    Floyd vs No Floyd: how much will you actually use it? People make locking trems out to be a pain in the ass when they're really not if you're educated in how to maintain them. All the info you need on that can be found here in the tech q&a section.
    Welcome, and I hope you find a Jackson you like.
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

If you don't know how to set up a guitar, I would recommend avoiding a guitar with a floating trem. They are a bit tricky to set up if you don't know what you're doing...

Or you could pay someone 25-50 bucks a few times a year to do it for you...

As for shapes, that's really up to you. I agree with drockilles, maybe try them at a shop before you buy them. Play standing up and sitting down...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I recommend a Dinky but just remember there are other brands out there. Try to check out Schecter, ESP and Ibanez.

Comment

what drockilles said.

the "strat" based shape is the best for beginners. And get a hard-tail until you get used to general maintenance of a guitar. then jump to floyds.

dont worry, there are going to be a LOT of guitar purchases along the way so dont try to buy the "best" one to begin with.

BTW, Welcome to the board.
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
            IMO, I'd recommend trying the more "extremes" shape before buying if you're a beginner. Balance/upper fret access can take some adjustments with these shapes. I found that the Dinky style Jacksons have the easiest necks to play, which could help if you're just starting.
            Floyd vs No Floyd: how much will you actually use it? People make locking trems out to be a pain in the ass when they're really not if you're educated in how to maintain them. All the info you need on that can be found here in the tech q&a section.
            Welcome, and I hope you find a Jackson you like.
            Hey thanks for the reply. How much do you think i could get a decent hardtail dinky for??

Comment

Possibly this starter kit.
              I figured its a pretty sweet deal. Guitar even has EMG's!

Comment

+1 about the hardtail. Sadly, the majority of the low-cost entry-level guitars have trems (and crappy trems at that).

Comment

Working...
                X