1996 dr3 with jt500 or 580?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 dr3 with jt500 or 580?

trying to get the right one,tremolo will not go to zero after numourous trys and adjustments the prob being the top spring rubs the wood

I have a `94 DR3 and it's a JT-580LP. I can only assume that the `96 would be the same.
    sigpic

Comment

ya

I think thats what i have, by what another site said, and i have a dk2m it looks the same so .........ya do you know what tremolo mounting springs THE DR3 use's by chance?

Comment

my 96 dx1 has a 580.

Comment

so what do you think of the 580?

ya bro i have two one on the dr3 other on the dk2m but just like any piece of equipment it has to be maintained it take me about 2 hours to change strings and oil,lube adjust, tighten, and so on but the tremolo is fine to me.how about you?

Comment

it take me about 2 hours to change strings and oil,lube adjust, tighten
            Uhh?? 15 to 20 minutes here for a guitar with a floyd... let's say half an hour if i'm changing brand of string and/or tuning on a floating trem and have to re-calibrate it.

Classical guitar strings... now those take time to change because they take hours or even days to "strech" into position
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

dude im not just talking about strings themselfs it polishing, tightning the bolts, on the guitar oiling the blocks. tuners, neck, it looks and plays killer when im done real smooth plus i like doing the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
              X