jackson soloist student model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson soloist student model

hey, I have an "85 soloist student model (I bought new in "86) that I have not played in almost 20yrs (Kept in its case the whole time exept to lubricate every couple yrs). It has 2 humbuckers, a kahler pro, rosewood board with dots, Serial # j1027. I know it was made in San Dimas in "85. Has anyone seen one with this pickup/kahler config? This thing is mint except for the bridge pickup doesnt seem to be working. Its probably just a connection issue but was wondering where i might be able to find a new pickup if it is not,these are the "made in house pickups" with the black poles and screws. Any help on info for these thing would be great. Thanks

Post a picture of it. Its most likely an older, non-logod Seymor Duncan. It may have a Duncan number on the underside of it if you do remove it. However, first I'd clean pots, connections, selector switch, etc... Just from sitting that long there may be some corrosion somewhere keeping it from working. As for the 2 hum/Kahler combo, that was pretty popular back then. I'm sure yours is a nice axe being in the condition you describe
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Did they make the Jackson pickups yet in 85?

Comment

It could have a Jackson pickup. Black poles are correct for the early USA Jackson pickups. My late-'85 Charvel came with a J-50 in the bridge. Not sure what other models they had available in '85, but J-50s seem to be most common. Ebay is the best bet to find a replacement if it turns out you need one, but it can be tricky finding the old ones.

Comment

I think Jackson pickups came out in 84. You will probably have to get one with the cover and take it off.

Comment

Working...
            X