Sorry to do this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to do this...

I'm sure you all get this a lot. My friend has had a Jackson for a very long time. Every time I play it, I'm reminds me how great it feels and plays. I'm having trouble finding other guitars with necks that I like, but I really like this one. If possible, I'd like to find out the neck specs on his guitar. I'll give all the info I can just short of pics:

Jackson Professional (no model number or anything, just Professional, looks like a soloist)
    Bolt-On with the serial number 911272 stamped in the neck plate
    Flame maple neck with ebony board
    22 fret
    not sure of body material, but it has a flame maple top (more than likely a veneer), translucent blue burst
    licensed floyd
    1 tone, 1 volume
    s-s-h config
    I believe it has the Select brand pickups.

If anyone has any specs on the neck, I would REALLY appreciate it.
    Last edited by exposeenmity; 12-30-2007, 04:31 AM.

Sounds like a 91 Fusion. Short scale (24.75")
    Does it look like this?

Last edited by rjohnstone; 12-19-2007, 01:15 PM.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by exposeenmity View Post
      I believe it has the Select brand pickups.
      EMG Select pickups? Those would not be original on Jacksons.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was going to say 1996 Pro import. but know, I'm not very knowledgable on this, but tried to be helpful

Look like this?

"Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

What are the inlays? Sharkfin or dots? My '91 Stealth Pro has a serial number starting with '91', so assuming this indicates a rough year area, not many bolt-on Professionals back then came with ebony, the Fusion Pro as rjohnstone said or the Stealth Pro, both of which came in translucent blue color.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            EMG Select pickups? Those would not be original on Jacksons.
            Well, they don't say Select on them, but they're covered and look like Selects. They're passive pickups, just covered, and no markings on them. It's possible that they were removed, idk. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe it has shark fin inlays. I'll try to get some pics of it. I just wish I knew what all of the neck dimensions are and if Jackson still makes necks with the same specs.

I forgot to mention, there is no binding on the fretboard; which is one thing I really love about it.

Comment

No binding on ebony? Doesn't sound like a Jackson to me. 1990-93 Jackson Professionals that had ebony boards also had binding, unless it's a rare transitional piece or someone swapped the neck, though no one makes a 24 fret neck that will fit a Jackson properly (intonation).

I'd hafta see pics of this thing, because it just doesn't sound right.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

With a Jackson Professional neck, it likely has the more common Jackson specs: conical fretboard with a compound radius gradually changing from 12 inch @ the nut to 16 inch @ the neck heel with jumbo frets.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Jackson did put covers on their pickups, and it did have a habit of having the print wear off of them.

Comment

Okay, so I finally got some pics of it. My memory did not serve me correctly, it has dot inlays. I would just like to know what model it is and what the specs on the neck are if possible. I've tried to do this with a different brand guitar, but got no where. Is there a way to tell what year it was made to try and help narrow down the model? I tried looking up the serial number thing on Jackson's site, but it didn't have the serial format this one does. Thanks for all of your help guys!NOTE: The empty hole near the input jack (above tone knob) was not there originally. My friend installed a kill switch a while back, but he's rewiring the whole thing.

Last edited by exposeenmity; 04-25-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Stealth Pro in Trans blue from early '90s:

Comment

Yes, a Stealth Pro, and the good one too! Newc, the Stealth Pro had an ebony fingerboard but no binding.
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Cool, thanks guys. Yeah, it is a real nice guitar. Is this the 'good one' because of the top? Since it's been identified as a Stealth, is it possible to find neck dimensions?

*Edit:

From what I've seen, none of the catalogs list a flame maple top option for the Stealth. I was able to find that the neck has, what looks like from the scan, a 1 and 11/16" nut, 17mm at 1st fret, and 20mm at 20th fret. Now all I need is a damn neck radius. That's what I'm interested in more than anything.

Last edited by exposeenmity; 12-30-2007, 05:04 AM.

Comment

You can try one of these templates to find the radius of it. May be a compound radius too (12 to 14) so check it @ different spots http://www.pickguardian.com/pickguar...s%20Gauges.pdf good luck!

Comment

i Believe the finger board radius on the Stealth Pro. (btw the only dinky of the time with 22 frets on ebony and no binding) Is a compound radius of 10.5in- 15in. IIRC
                              The Stealth Pro's as oppsed to the Stealth professional which has rosewood board. Had flame tops available as an option on trans finishes. Those pickups are Reflex classic. And they are active. There's a battery in the control cavity. There's a litlle "black box" in there that runs the pups. And gives you all the wiring options you may want to do. (ie mid boost or treble boost, coil tap etc) Reflex was a small electronics company in England that just couldn't compete with EMG of the day. It's a hame too cus they sound better and have more charactor than EMG's. Jackson had a deal with reflex to put them in the Pro series guitars. Then eventually bought all the inventory of pickups and preamps etc. that they had left. And sold them as replacement stock.IIRC. My facts may be a bit off but thats how i remember it. There are also reflex reds which are ultra high output. Hope that helps a bit
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X