What Can I Expect to Pay Used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Can I Expect to Pay Used?

What do used USA Charvels/Jacksons run? I would like ball park ranges for the following, with estimates for plain, transparent, and graphic finishes:
    Original San Dimas Charvels
    Original San Dimas Jacksons
    Ontario Custom Jacksons
    Ontario Standard Production Jacksons
    Corona Custom Jacksons
    Corona Standard Production Jacksons
    Corona Standard Production (San Dimas series where they?) Charvels
    Corona Custom Charvels

I am asking as I will soon be in the market for a used USA Charvel or Jackson, but don't really have much idea as to what a good price for them run, and want to know what I'm looking to save for, and whats possible and what will take a lottery for me to afford:ROTF: Thanks.

So you want 21 different prices?

lmao
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Are you kidding? Just buy a new one and forget the hassle!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

lmao
        Actually, I think he wants 24 plus 2 sets. One from eBay averages and another from private dealers:ROTF:
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
          Are you kidding? Just buy a new one and forget the hassle!
          Can't afford one new near as easily as I can used. I see prices on ebay but they are all over the board and its not like they have signs saying "Good price bad price" Hence why I was hoping to get to help to see whats in my range and what isn't, and what may b e worth saving a little more for, etc.

lmao
          Do you have an intention of adding anything to this thread?

Actually, I think he wants 24 plus 2 sets. One from eBay averages and another from private dealers
          Nah just ball park ranges. Ebay tends to be as out there as dealers :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            What do used USA Charvels/Jacksons run? I would like ball park ranges for the following, with estimates for plain, transparent, and graphic finishes:
            Ontario Custom Jacksons
            Corona Custom Jacksons
            Corona Custom Charvels

I am asking as I will soon be in the market for a used USA Charvel or Jackson, but don't really have much idea as to what a good price for them run, and want to know what I'm looking to save for, and whats possible and what will take a lottery for me to afford:ROTF: Thanks.

TO be hobest,,I have seen all sorts of prices..

Some models are rarer than others and tend to fetch a higher price. What you ask,,,well, it's relatively difficult questions to answer.

I'd just recommend buying one new unless you are looking for a specific model that is not made anymore..

Lots of the time it's like buying a used sports car,,,you know that it is been driven hard... You can get a new one with out any of the flaws of a used one..

In my case, what I am looking for is really no longer manufactured.

Comment

Ontario Custom Jacksons
              Corona Custom Jacksons
              Corona Custom Charvels

Fortunately, there's a pricing formula that is foolproof. Take a base price of $1,000 then multiply away:

Original Factor 1.17
              Ontario Factor .97
              Corona Factor .91 (of course)
              Custom Factor 1.6
              Standard Factor 1.0
              Charvel Factor 1.03
              Jackson Factor .97
              Plain Finish Factor 1.0
              Transparent Finish 1.1
              Graphic Finish 1.15

Comment

Buy new if you look around you can find a good deal.I got my RR for 1599.00 on clearence from 2200.00

Comment

Do you have an intention of adding anything to this thread?
                  No.

You've been here how long and have 2000+ posts?

And you can't figure out pricing yourself?

Watch ebay, look through the classifieds.

:p
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

i paid 300 for a used dinky model i think, standard.

I dont know too much about jacksons.

Comment

you should narrow it down to what you really want, not just because of what it is. the best thing is to follow the trends which makes it easier when time to pull the trigger, and to avoid buyers remorse. so if you do pay on the higher end, at least you got what you want.

also, timing is everything. before taxes, you may see a spike in available guitars, and after the tax returns the price may be driven higher due to more mad money in pockets.

you may want to hit other places than the bay. Craigslist will produce some good deals by people who may not know what they are selling. some dude had a USA Jackson Soloist TITE for $400 a few months ago. i missed it by a day.
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                      X