Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksons make me a better person

or at least a better player.

Case in point- since I got my first Jackson SL1 back in March I've pretty much played it & the Fusion Pro I picked up a few months ago exclusively. I wanted to work on string skipping & other techniques so I decided to learn to play Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover. Doing OK, not to speed.

But since Johnson plays it on a Stratocaster (live, played it on a es335 in studio, which I found interesting) I figured I'd whip out my 89 American Standard and give it a burn.

Oh boy.

I was just horrible, I mean more horrible than usual. All over the place, missing bends, sloppy, sloppy sloppy. I am sure that a large part of it can be attributed to the fact that YES, they are different guitars with different necks etc etc etc but the level of badness, even after some time trying, was notable.

I am a convert- I love my Stratocaster, I love my Les Paul, but when I really need to nail something, I'm reaching for my Jackson.

So I guess Jacksons= "Easy Mode"?

Vass

You have goten too used to the jacksons. Jumbo frets and the compound radius fretboard are a big help in playing.

Comment

This is why I like to mix it up & play on different guitars. Cliffs of Dover definitely is the type of tune that's easier with a flatter radius, imo. I'm no Eric Johnson expert, but his sig strat has a 12" radius. Not sure if he always used a flatter than standard fretboard, though. As particular as he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Comment

The quality is really present on Jackson, even the lower-end models i find... I agree with you dude, represent!
        DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Jacksons are precision instruments

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
            I think i'll quote you on that whenever someone asks "so what do you think about Jacksons?" if you don't mind

Comment

Originally posted by Szostak View Post
              I think i'll quote you on that whenever someone asks "so what do you think about Jacksons?" if you don't mind
              Not at all Spread the faith!

Comment

When ever I pick up my 1st Jackson (Onterio, San Dimas plated) something magical always happens. That guitar has some mojo I guess.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

I know what you mean.

When I plug my Jackson RR into my Randall Amp, something happens. I used to play a Gibson Explorer but the neck was so fat it was hard to get anything done.

For my money, when you pair a Jackson and a Randall, it doesn't get any better than that... Metal on Metal!

Everyone has their own combos that they like, that's just mine.

Zombie

Comment

Vass, from "Dirty Jersey" eh..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY4SF8xWKFo :ROTF:
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It's the bigger frets and the fretboard radius as has been mentioned already. My strat has a 10-16 compound radius with jumbo stainless frets and it's just as easy to play.

Comment

I am absolutly addicted to jacksons.I love the way they sound feel and play and look.Its funny my buddy asked me if I would rather have jenna jameson or the RR1 she was holding in the catalog I said the RR1.he said I was gay.Nope not gay my wife is buetiful enough and you can never have enough jacksons

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post

I read that as percussion :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by BODOM View Post
                            I am absolutly addicted to jacksons.I love the way they sound feel and play and look.Its funny my buddy asked me if I would rather have jenna jameson or the RR1 she was holding in the catalog I said the RR1.he said I was gay.Nope not gay my wife is buetiful enough and you can never have enough jacksons
                            **** and especially NOT Jenna now... have you seen her lately? Aids..
                            sure looks like it anyway.. and imo this magical "vibe" that everyone
                            is talking about only happens to me on my GMW! I love all of mine..but
                            that ghey abalone pimp machine has some major mojo tone! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                              that ghey abalone pimp machine has some major mojo tone! :ROTF:

GHEY? that's awesome man, i fucking love abalone!

Comment

Working...
                              X