A beautiful RR1 on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beautiful RR1 on the way

Greetings to all Jackson enthusiasts. I just joined to show off my second Jackson. First was a Custom Shop Polka Dot Flying V which I have always enjoyed very much. There has been this beautiful RR1 on ebay over and over which has had me seriously drooling for quite some time.

I know that individual tastes vary but to me this thing is extremely striking and I've been lusting after it big time. Only problem was the price. Seems like some of these Custom Shop issues with the fancy paint and what not are priced in to the stratosphere, I don't mind paying up for something nice but I don't want to be completely buried either.

Settled with the seller on an acceptable price and she is now on the way. From what I gather it is one of two which were purchased by a dealer who is no longer in business. Supposedly the other went to Music Zoo but don't quote me on that.

Would love to hear opinions good and bad. What 's done is done but it is always nice to gain perspectives from others.

Last edited by Tonelover; 12-24-2007, 02:28 PM.

Oh,it's disgusting.You definitely overpaid

I think it would look better without the flames,but if you like it, enjoy it then
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

First off, welcome to the JCF.

Second, that is a beautiful guitar. I think most of us liked it, we just had the same issue as you. Money. It was just too expensive......
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That thing ROCKS! Nice score Welcome to the board by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
          That thing ROCKS! Nice score Welcome to the board by the way.

Seriously, I agree 100% Nice Git.
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

+1
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Welcome! And sweet guitar. Love it!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and comments. I can't wait to get it. If you want to see some disgusting guitars maybe I'll show you some of my 80's and 90's Ibanez Jems some time. Not quite yet though, I don't want to make enemies right off the bat. I've probably said too much already.

Comment

Go ahead and show them off, but do it another thread in "guitars by other manufacturers". Can't wait to see that once you get it home.
                  Last edited by anuske9; 12-24-2007, 03:28 PM.
                  -Adam

Comment

There's been one on Ebay for a while now. Maybe that's the one you bought. Very cool guitar. Not exactly my cup'o'tea, but it certainly stands out, and hey, at least it's a V!!
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

i think its pretty cool, and very unique. not sure if id consider buying it for myself, but congrats and im sure you will love it.

Comment

Myself and Remcarr were talking about that Rhoads last week. Its an awesome looking Rhoads! Once it arrives and you play it I'm sure you'll forget about all those JEM's And welcome to JCF btw
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I like it. Coolness.
                          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Congrats, man, nice guitar.

And welcome to the forum. It's a great place to hang out and make friends and learn about Jacksons and Charvels.

- E.
                            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I tend to like things which are bold and brash but am very modest myself. I have guitars which I love to own and play but wouldn't want to be seen in public with.

I always enjoy browsing all the Custom Shop Jacksons on the web, there is some amazing stuff out there.
                              Last edited by Tonelover; 12-24-2007, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X