Buying advice for KE1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying advice for KE1

I'm trying to buy a Kelly and I'm finding that KE1s are usually cheaper than KE2s, and I love that it's built to Marty's specifications(and has his name on the headstock). I've been waiting for a new guitar for such a long time now and I'm kinda losing my patience about it.

So I offered this guy 600 pounds which is 1200 Canadian(where I live). He says he won't sell it for less than 800 pounds. Is that worth it? 1600 dollars for a plain black one in mint condition? Or should I keep waiting for a different one to come up?
    Thanks

They can be had for about 8 or 9 hundred dollars US if you keep looking...
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Comment

I had my eye on that one too, but my budget is £150 short of his minimal acceptance price. Drat.. There's a yellow bengal KE2 for £1200 as well. Bring on end-January 2008...
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

That very same KE1 was listed for 750£ a few weeks back. Strange its back again. I remember it being sold.
        If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

My advice on getting a ke1 is get one I got mine for about $900 off fleabay a few years back. Nowadays they are somewhat rare. I'd say wait a bit and look for a better deal.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I've been wanting a KE-1, and a while ago when I didn't want one I saw a few go for 700-900. That dude is asking way too much and won't get it.

My advice is wait it out, you'll be surprised what patience and ebay can offer.
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderhead View Post
              That very same KE1 was listed for 750£ a few weeks back. Strange its back again. I remember it being sold.

I think I remember that as well...

Also, if you are outside of the UK, you don't want to be buying from the UK.

Comment

Alright thanks guys. I can wait if it'll mean saving that much money and avoiding difficulties in shipping overseas. Means that I'll have to compete with you lot though

Comment

I hope you can find a good deal. I have mine for 3 and a half months now and i am in love with it.

Comment

I WILL buy a KE1 one day. I promise

Seriously.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                    X