Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson low-profile licensed Floyd Rose trems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson low-profile licensed Floyd Rose trems.

Are they crap? Should i replace it with a OFR? Its on my DK2S.

Thanks guys

Originally posted by Twooos View Post
    Are they crap? Should i replace it with a OFR? Its on my DK2S.

Thanks guys
    The licensed trem on my 07 DK2M is fine...I swapped the bar for a OFR trem bar.

The factory bar sucked at first...by the time I swapped it (already bought a replacement) ...it wasn't that bad.

I've had this happen on a couple of them now. At first it sucks...then it breaks in. From what I know, they have made the baseplate/knife edge harder in recent years. I won't swap mine until breaks or won't return to pitch (dull knife edge).

So...if it aint broke...don't fix it. JMO.
    Last edited by S-man; 12-26-2007, 04:45 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok man thanks, but why does the factory bar suck?

Comment

Kinda loose....tighten it, then it loosens back up....tighten...loosen...etc.
        sigpic

Comment

Mine did the tight/loose/tight/loose thing, too. The easy fix - wrap the threads of the allen screw that tightens it with some teflon tape...
          It's a $1.50 fix that lasts for years!

Comment

Well, mine didnt even come with the bar. So i guess im gunna have to get one. Could someone please send me a link to one on eBay? I don't know which bar fits this. Its a JT580 trem i think.

Thanks

Comment

go hear www.fretsonthenet.com

apparently that guy carries parts for those trems, I think it's under import jacksons or charvels..

Comment

Not to hi-jack the thread or anything, but what kind of lifespan can be expected from the knife-edge of an OFR? Once it's crapped out, can it be fixed or does it need to be replaced?
                The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

You can shape the knife egde. This for the Ibanez trems, but it will work for all FR style trems. The life span will depend on you, if you use the trem a lot it will wear faster. I have and 89 RG550 that I have not had to touch since it was new.

Comment

Get this bar...it's better than the factory bar.

RT-B Retro-Trem Arm System for Floyd Rose Tremolo Black
                    Item #BP 1000-003 1 $$14.25 USD
                    Subtotal: $14.25 USD
                    Shipping & Handling: $4.60 USD
                    Sales Tax: $0.00 USD
                    Total Amount: $18.85 USD
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X