Where to find Jacksons in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
    Yeah, that does sound correct. It doesn't seem like a factory job. Did the MZ sell this as "new"? Something is just not right. It sounds like someone had previously bought the guitar, took it home, experimented with pickups, then came back and traded it in for something else. Man, I would mention this to Tommy. That just is not good business practice and the guitar was represented as a new guitar. Definitely something you can't see right away, unless you insist on the guitar to be taken apart before you purchase it.
    Hopefully, all is well, but I would mention it to the MZ. Now, you have me thinking and I'll have to take the covers off my MZ purchases
    Yeah, that would be a likely scenario. Maybe I should drop them an email asking for clarification. Anyways, the guitar is on their sold list:

http://www.themusiczoo.com/jacksongu...sold_stock.htm

If you look further down the list, you'll se that there are guitars that are marked as 'pre-owned' but mine isn't. Haha, they claim I paid $2,349.99 but I actually paid $1850 including tax. Considering that they cost something ridiculous like $3600-4000 over here, that was a good deal for me.

Regards,
    Mads

Comment

From NYC get on 95 and drive 3.5 hours north to Boston and my shop.
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
        From NYC get on 95 and drive 3.5 hours north to Boston and my shop.
        Hi Matt,

I would like to have visited your store as well, but I didn't have a car, so I thought it would be a bit too far. I'll remember to pop by, if I'm ever in the area. I go to conferences in North America all the time, so it could easily happen.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
          Hi Matt,

I would like to have visited your store as well, but I didn't have a car, so I thought it would be a bit too far. I'll remember to pop by, if I'm ever in the area. I go to conferences in North America all the time, so it could easily happen.

Cheers.

Sounds good!!
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Yeah, that would be a likely scenario. Maybe I should drop them an email asking for clarification. Anyways, the guitar is on their sold list:

http://www.themusiczoo.com/jacksongu...sold_stock.htm

If you look further down the list, you'll se that there are guitars that are marked as 'pre-owned' but mine isn't. Haha, they claim I paid $2,349.99 but I actually paid [price removed] including tax. Considering that they cost something ridiculous like $3600-4000 over here, that was a good deal for me.

Regards,
            Mads
            Don't go posting prices of what you paid with private dealers, as FMIC could burn them for an MAP violation.
            Last edited by CharvelRocker; 03-18-2008, 12:39 PM. Reason: Durrrr

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              Don't go posting prices of what you paid with private dealers, as FMIC could burn them for an MAP violation.
              Really? Is it a violation of the board rules? If so I apologize. Does anybody familiar with the market really pay the list price on guitars? When I bought my first Jackson, I payed way too much. I don't want other people to do that too.

Comment

Yo Javert! drop tommy @ TMZ a call/email let him know the scenario. He's a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                  Yo Javert! drop tommy @ TMZ a call/email let him know the scenario. He's a good guy.
                  Will do! Thanks.

Comment

Really? Is it a violation of the board rules? If so I apologize. Does anybody familiar with the market really pay the list price on guitars? When I bought my first Jackson, I payed way too much. I don't want other people to do that too.
                    In general, the dealers price on their site is MAP. People don't pay lists for Customs or MAP for most things, but those prices are there for a reason; so Fender can regulate it. Not posting the actual paid price is kind of an unspoken board rule.

Comment

In general, the dealers price on their site is MAP. People don't pay lists for Customs or MAP for most things, but those prices are there for a reason; so Fender can regulate it. Not posting the actual paid price is kind of an unspoken board rule.
                      Alright then. I have to say, though, that I really dislike them misinforming people (that's putting it midly) on their homepage. That's what prompted me to even write the price.

Comment

Alright then. I have to say, though, that I really dislike them misinforming people (that's putting it midly) on their homepage. That's what prompted me to even write the price.
                        I'm with you, man. If they want to fish for suckers, I guess that's their right. I fail to see what real leverage a dealer or manufacturer has over their customers in keeping the actual prices secret. Fuggem.

Comment

Well, why'd you leave the prices in your quote box, then? Darrrrrrrrrrrrr
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This update was supposed to be about my new guitar

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
                              If I ever find myself in the US of A, Jacksons and NHL games will be my top priorities too.
                              Ditto (but without the games)

...from another fellow Scandinavian...
                              S.W.E.D.E.

Comment

Working...
                              X