Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I pick the lock on a jackson hardshell case ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I pick the lock on a jackson hardshell case ?

Heh.. this may seem strange but recently I bought an RR1 of ebay and the guy shipped the case locked and the key seperatly. But the problem is the case arrive before the key and now im going crazy cause I have this beauty stuck in my room, but I cant even open her to look at. Please someone tell me there is an easy way to pick the lock on a Jackson Hardcase ? its plastic btw.

heh. I promise to post pics of my new RR1 if yall can help me !

Re: How do I pick the lock on a jackson hardshell case ?

Not the advice you want...but I'd bust the case open! I haven't ever felt a need to lock my guitar case, it's never far enough away from me! Besides, it's easier to steal the guitar in the case. It's up to you, but it's a bit like having a lock on a glove compartment in your car...you never lock it, as anyone who breaks into your car will bust it and cause more damage, so you leave it unlocked. Get the guitar out now! You need to check it out...

Like I said, I'm not being very helpful, am I? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Sean.

Comment

I would take it to your local music store. All case companies use very generic keys (sometimes only making two or three variations).

Comment

OK, I can pick some locks, more than most people would feel comfortable if they knew. If you have an idea of what the key would look like, try and bend a paperclip or something into that shape. My guess is that it is a pretty cheap lock, and that inside there is a lever that you simply need to trip. Have patience. However if the lock has several teeth, like a car lcok or a door lock, you are going to need to buy or make lock picks. I know how to do it, but that is not really the sort of thing that is appropriate to post on a message board.

Comment

Well, I got impatient and decided just to pop it open with a screwdriver or two. Pics will come soon ! heh, Just now the real dillema. The string on there are really slinky like a 9 - 42 or something. I have a pack of 12 - 52's ready to go but I dont have any extra springs or anything so I dont know if adjusting the tension by hand would be a good thing. (im nowere neer a guitar professional, and ide just be taking a screwdriver to the screw in the back untill trem is even with body) how badly could i screw this baby up doing that ? heh.. im so scared to hurt her.
          what to do, what to do.

Comment

What kind of doofus ships a KEY out later? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Paddok: As long as you have three or more springs in the cavity, they should support 12's. Simply moving around the trem spring claw isn't going to hurt ANYTHING. The way to adjust a trem is to put the new strings on loosely, then adjust the claw back unti it seems far enough (really just a guess). Take something like a dowel rod and prop the trem up on it to keep the baseplate level with the body. Tune the guitar up to pitch. If you did that without the dowel rod falling out, good. Loosen the claw up until the dowel rod comes out easily. There you go, ajusted to perfection. If the dowel rod fell out during tuning, just loosen the strings until the dowel stays in place and tighten the claw up some more.

Comment

Ahh ha! thanks for that advice, I guess I will go ahead and stick on the new strings then heh. Anybody wanna fill me on on some things, this being my first jackson ?

Comment

You also may want to tighten your truss rod a little if putting the heavier gauge strings on pulls the neck forward a little.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Anybody wanna fill me on on some things, this being my first jackson ?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am not really sure what your asking for here. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X