No announcement yet.

Will I be shot for asking about logos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be shot for asking about logos?

Hey guys. Noob here but I bought my first Charvel in 1984 and still own it along with a 1980 preproduction strat head that I bought in LA at a pawnshop for $300 in 1986. I have owned tons of San Dimas's over the years. Living in Orange County in the 80's they weren't too hard to find.

Well, my original one #3409 now has a Musikraft strat head neck on it. Not because I didn't like the pointy head, but because I can't handle that wide thin neck profile anymore. I still have the original neck sitting in a box. Anyways, this guitar doesn't quite look right without the Charvel logo on it. A few years back there were tons of Charvel logo's on ebay but now they are impossible to find.

So where can I find a replacement logo?

Sorry if this breaks any rules.

Here's the guitar in action, 1986 at the Troubador in Hollywood

And here it is with the original neck and the 1980 pre-pro:

Last edited by Chubtone; 01-07-2008, 07:15 PM.

If you send me the original neck, I will find the logo for you.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Just curious is that you playing it in the picture ?

Comment

Originally posted by FastJunkie View Post
        Just curious is that you playing it in the picture ?
        Depends on what sort of comment you are preparing?

Yeah, I bought it in 1984 at Guitar Center Chicago when I was 17 for $864 including case and counting tax. I bought it from Dave Anderson (at GC) from the Eric Steel band who is pictured in that early Charvel ad with all the LA guys using Charvels. He helped me go through a brand new shipment they got in and pick out the best sounding one. I really have to thank him because 23 years later it's still one of the best sounding guitars I've owned.

Comment

Is it "Black Cherry" by any chance?
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

The color was listed as candy purple.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
              Well, my original one #3409 now has a Musikraft strat head neck on it. Not because I didn't like the pointy head, but because I can't handle that wide thin neck profile anymore. I still have the original neck sitting in a box. Anyways, this guitar doesn't quite look right without the Charvel logo on it.
              So you want to put a fake Charvel logo on a Musikraft neck??
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Well yeah Joe, can't you read dammit!! :ROTF: That's what I gathered anywho.

Comment

Here is mine,this is outside.Looks black inside,Very hard to capture its changing color.
                  Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Yes, is this weird? I seem to have seen quite a few GMW's and parts mutts with Charvel logo's. I would never try and pass this off as legit with this neck on it, obviously, I gave the serial number in my first post.

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                      Here is mine,this is outside.Looks black inside,Very hard to capture its changing color.
                      That color looks exactly like mine does, but mine seems to change colors too. Mine is beat and the finish is chequed. I just love mine and can remember the story behind every ding and scratch it has suffered in it's life. That's why I'm so stoked to be playing it again with a different neck on it.

Comment

I love those old 80's pix I wish I could help you with the Charvel logo but I have no clue where they can be found. Doesn't sound like a fake being built to me, besides he has the original neck and provided a serial number. I don't see the harm here. Besides, didn't Lynch put an ESP logo on a Charvel neck among others?
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

And wasn't Jake's famous white guitar really a Fender with a Charvel neck?

Comment

eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                              Yes, is this weird? I seem to have seen quite a few GMW's and parts mutts with Charvel logo's. I would never try and pass this off as legit with this neck on it, obviously, I gave the serial number in my first post.
                              I always thought it was kinda weird for people to do that, but I guess if that's what you want and you're not going to pass it off, then more power to you.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X