Will I be shot for asking about logos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
    And wasn't Jake's famous white guitar really a Fender with a Charvel neck?
    Actually, that was a Fender neck that was shaved down by a Charvel employee buddy of Jake's, was it not?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      I always thought it was kinda weird for people to do that, but I guess if that's what you want and you're not going to pass it off, then more power to you.
      I'm debating doing that to my latest project, as it IS a real (old!) Charvel Strathead replacement neck I'm taking out of mothballs, but I'd never try to pass it off as real...

Comment

Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
        Actually, that was a Fender neck that was shaved down by a Charvel employee buddy of Jake's, was it not?
        Yes, and he slapped the Charvel logo on there.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thought so...

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
            eBay
            Yeah, I haven't seen any on ebay for a while but I just checked again and today there were some. Thanks.

Comment

Yep, Jake's was a fake too. LOL!
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Send an email to best-decals.com and ask them. I sent them an email recently and they said they're available, but not to be advertised.

"Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Somebody just posted a bunch of them on eGay (not me).

Comment

Welcome, Chubtone!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

if he had a master plan to flip it as an original, he wouldn't be displaying pics of the guitar in question and asking for advice on a public board LOL.

go for it!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I just bought some off of best decals for a current project.

Comment

In that Hollywood pic I don't see the neck pickup route was that done later?
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

J/C: They dont list them anymore,did you email and ask if still available? Enlighten me.
                            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              I love those old 80's pix Besides, didn't Lynch put an ESP logo on a Charvel neck among others?
                              no esp put an esp logo on the original j frog neck in the it's not love video after george first got the skull and bones

and yeah gotta love the pix... what was your band/style??

love the prepro btw...what wood is the body? got a lovely streakiness to it!!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                                In that Hollywood pic I don't see the neck pickup route was that done later?
                                +1...looks like a very neat job too!

Comment

Working...
                                X