Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke my San Dimas :(

Hi!

I had a car accident recently and I broke my Jackson soloist student from san dimas (year 1986) num: xxxx

I need a way to get the resale price of my guitar because there is nothing on the Net given its rarity.

this is for insurance reimburses me!

Thank you
    Last edited by Kinuls; 01-28-2008, 07:29 AM.

You're going to need more solid documentation than an opinion from an internet forum to get reimbursement from an insurance company.

Find a reputable musical instrument/guitar dealer in your area and see what they say. Don't go to your local GC if you are in the US.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

What amount did you insure it for?? I would at least start with that figure. Mine are insured for $__ if I break one, or it's stolen, I get $__.

Comment

I leave in france.

I just need a price by a professional, in france this guitar is under-rated because nobody knows

I think the price of my guitar is about 2000 $

Comment

Depending on the features (graphic, rare paintjob, rare pickup combo like Hum-Single or 3 singles, factory Floyd, etc), and the condition before the accident, it would sell for anywhere between $300 and $2000 USD.

Insurance companies don't care if they were big in the 80s and sold for $2500 back then, they go by the current market value, and no one here can give you a rough estimate without knowing more about it. The serial number is useless by itself, as is the fact that it's a San Dimas.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just use the current Soloist prices as a start point... Surely youll get somewhere with that.
            If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

don't gp at the price u'll get it for second hand - go for the price of the nearest modern day equivalent. makes it easy to get spmething just as good back or still get one second hand even if it cost more than u pad for it

Comment

hi !

this is exactly the same that this one :
                Except for paint (mine is White)

Maybe I can be reimbursed for the cost of a SL1, which is the guitar closest to mine today ?

Comment

How badly broken is it? That is the first thing the insurance company will ask. Can it be repaired? Or, is it "totalled"?
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

The head is split. i think it can be fixed, but I can no longer sell it

Comment

I think you should somehow prove the insurance company that it's a one off You can use the serial on it to prove it that way.. If you can give them any clue about how expensive the "j" serialed jacksons are now I'm sure they will get really upset
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

ok thx i will try that way ^^

I had a Musicman (3000$) and it is far from the quality of this jackson...

Comment

The Kahler, rosewood, and dot onlays pretty much drops the value anyway. I'm sure they're still pretty pricey in France, but you're not going to get more than $600 for it in the USA, even in mint condition.

Now, the insurance company will probably ask how much you paid, and that's the value they will put on it, and they will want to see a receipt showing what you paid.

You can't compare the value to a new SL1 because the new SL1 has more expensive and desirable features - ebony board, sharkfins, binding on the head and neck, Floyd Rose, and it isn't used. You have to prove that the guitar has achieved Vintage status among the Vintage Market Professionals before you can claim it has the same value as a Les Paul or Fender from the same period, and that's going to be hard to do.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

600 $ ?? are you kidding me ?

this guitar is a 80s legend.

Comment

80s legend? What songs from the 80s are still getting major radio airplay that were recorded with a Jackson?
                              What 80s rock stars or other famous musicians from the 80s that used Jacksons are still ranked highly in the popular music charts?

Last time I looked: none. The 80s are dead, as is the majority of the music that was made on Jacksons.

If you can prove this guitar was used and owned by a famous musician from the 80s - and I mean someone who is still relevant today like Jeff Beck, or someone who was widely influential and died young like Randy Rhoads - the current market sets the price of a San Dimas Student Soloist with a Kahler at $600 in mint condition.

Note that's the price they go for here in the USA, which is the largest market for them. The rarity in Europe will increase the price slightly, but you as the insurance claimant have to provide the proof of the value in Europe.

I love Jacksons as much as anybody and feel that any USA Jackson in playable condition is worth $1000, but the reality that exists outside the fanbase dictates otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X