The Family (Jacksons on top)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Family (Jacksons on top)

The picture quality sucks but... I did them late at night because it was the only chance I had. My main players are the RR3R and the J2E Custom and a good amount of the time the Striker.

I love this guitar, I am so pleased with how everything turned out on it. This reminds me, I need to talk to Budman about a new control plate to match the RR3R

SH6 in it. I should change out the neck pup but I don't really use it.

looks pretty on the wall....

bought this while I was fiending for my Jackson Stars to come in.

I'll probably get yelled at for that pic. When I bought it in 1990 the pick guard and destroyed, I have no idea who's pickups where in it and the screws were mostly missing so... It sounds good with the Kramer picksup in it, but some day it's going to get a re-fin as well and new hardware.

POS. the neck is god aweful. It's pretty though, but you can't tell from that picture. Nice looking flame and color over all. Seymour Ducan put in, but I can't remember what model. I'm going to ditch it some day and buy a newer Kelly (another import probably maybe even a jackson stars perhaps????)

Bite me. It plays great.

It plays great

I'll bite myself on this one. needs better pickups and pots, I do like the neck though.

I don't have shots of my other model series Charvel, I'm in the process of doing a re-fin on it, putting an OFR on it, etc.
    Last edited by eakinj; 01-13-2008, 06:39 PM.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

WWOAAHAH too many links!! hard to read!! try photobucket and paste the image link into ur post

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
      WWOAAHAH too many links!! hard to read!! try photobucket and paste the image link into ur post
      I don't need photobucket, I am hosting my own pics on my own site. I've never gotten the picture posting thing down and honestly I am imagining most people will only be interested in about three of those guitars anyway

Lemme see if I can go figure it out

Comment

Better? (Now you can see the other reason I didn't want to do that, thos pics look like ass)

Comment

Love the pinstriped RR.
          I would assume the upper access is pretty bad on those hence the redesign by Randy.
          Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
          Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
            Better? (Now you can see the other reason I didn't want to do that, thos pics look like ass)
            nonsense! they're great! lovely guitars!! i really like the marbelised finish on the kramer/charvel mutt

Comment

pics look good to me. I love your Model 1A(?), as rough as it is.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
                Love the pinstriped RR.
                I would assume the upper access is pretty bad on those hence the redesign by Randy.
                you'd be surprised; it takes a little getting used to, but it's not that bad.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Nods, What Sully said. I have no problem with the access anywhere on the guitar really. It's a little different then the other Rhoads but after a couple minutes you don't really notice anymore.

Comment

I like your attitude! "Bite Me"...it plays great! Good one..

Comment

I like your attitude! "Bite Me"...it plays great! Good one..

Comment

Sweet fiddles!

Comment

those are sweet!

how's the Kramer SG?

those can be had for Dirt cheap when they show up on ebay!

I remember when they were blowing them out for like $120!
                          Out Of Ideas

Comment

My father has an original 1982 Eddie VH Kramer with an OFR. I used to play it when I was a little kid. Solid guitar..

I love your J2...very nice..

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                              those are sweet!

how's the Kramer SG?

those can be had for Dirt cheap when they show up on ebay!

I remember when they were blowing them out for like $120!
                              I like it a lot, it has a lot of swagger to it. I don't think I paid over 200 over on Musicyo. I've had really good luck with the Kramer stuff. I never had access to any of the 80's stuff so I can't really compare it to what was out there way back when, but these are really nice. The Epi and the SG have the same pickups in them and they sound really good. I love using that one with the Weeping Demon and Line 6 Uber Metal. on the flip side, I haven't played the Imperial too much (the Explorer) it's balanced a lot better then the Kelly, it never nose dives, it's just heavy as hell.

At the moment I would say I would take that SG (Special) over the DK2 and the Kelly, Nothings going to help that Kelly, and the DK2 isn't bad I just don't like the Seymour duncans that are currently in it. If I throw an SH6 in that one then I can't really say the SG would stand a chance but who knows. It has it's own mojo that's for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X