No announcement yet.

found this youtube video of randy's white v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah that is the be all end all of video of that guitar. almost every mark/screw/ etc. is shown. you could really do a great job of a relic rhoads with that video... uh oh might have just given fender the idea... i see fender doing a relic rhoads now with a price tag of $25,000 a pop. get in line for one now... lol.

Comment

yeah, but rest assured that if they did it, they'd still get something wrong.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Every time I see this I kick myself for not knowing about it and missing an opportunity. Of course that doesn't come close never seeing Randy live.

CSUN - California State University Northridge
        Northridge is a community of L.A. in the San Fernando Valley (The Valley) it was the epicenter of the 1994 6.7 quake.

Comment

I was kind of shocked to see so many people in there. I am guessing that was the opening day or something. When my wife and I went I think there was maybe one other person there and they didn't come near Randy's guitar. I am glad I was able to see it. It would have been even cooler if they had some of his other guitars there too.

Comment

Looks like that was filmed at the opening of a exhibit. Free booze explains the big turnout.

What's the guitar shown about 00:16, a prototype or travel size?

Comment

a fan made guitar.
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Leave it to a fellow Texan to turn us on to this cool vid. I'm a big Rhoads fan, always will be. Some people on this forum have slammed his tone, but one listen to Over the Mountain with that nice, yet articulate distortion...and yes, tone...blows those slams out of the water.

Thanks Sully!! You awwwiiiight!
                Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
                Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
                Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Comment

Check the comments, this dude xxOnTheRhoadsxxsounds like quite the knowledgable JCFer. I like that he is smacking down all the wrong comments
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That was awesome, thanks for posting. I still love my LTD but that video makes it obvious that they missed some of the finer details. I still don't get why they didn't use brass hardware??? My guitar has probably seen less than 2 hours of playing time since new and has always been kept in its case in a temp/humidity controlled environment and the gold hardware has still tarnished/corroded a bit.

Comment

dude, there are a TON of differences between the ltd and the real thing. part of the issue was that there really wasn't a template of randy's original prototype. that said, they've gotten better in the last run of them. mrs rhoads brought the real guitar to the custom shop so that they could take a ton of pictures of it. it's too bad that you don't play yours much; they're honeys.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I was there...missed the performance in the afternoon but spent lots of time staring at the exhibit and taking photos of the guitar...definitely a "holy grail" moment and you almost didn't believe it was really Randy's guitar. Then Mrs. Rhoads and Randy's sister walk past you and you realize yup, that's history right there (Mom/sis as well as the guitar)...I wanted to speak to her but couldn't work up the nerve and she had several people protecting her also.

Comment

Speaking of whom...at 1:56s of the video, entering from the left side of the frame is Mrs. Rhoads...wearing a burgandy/wine colored top with white hair.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Check the comments, this dude xxOnTheRhoadsxxsounds like quite the knowledgable JCFer. I like that he is smacking down all the wrong comments
                            that guy knows his stuff. i didn't know the headstock and pins were dark metallic blue. and all this time jackson has been making them black.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X