Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update with Pic! Pickup Mounting Ring replacements ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update with Pic! Pickup Mounting Ring replacements ??

Dave, yeah i'm a bit puzzled myself. I have a Rhoads Pro all original with recessed trem with tapered rings.. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] it doesn't look right - the pickups are not parallel to the strings.

Would you mind clearing this up for me: the rings you are making - are they intended for EMGs or normal humbuckers? Or both?

Would you consider making a humbucker sized ring for mounting a single coil (we talked about this before)?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
      Dave, yeah i'm a bit puzzled myself. I have a Rhoads Pro all original with recessed trem with tapered rings.. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] it doesn't look right - the pickups are not parallel to the strings.

Would you mind clearing this up for me: the rings you are making - are they intended for EMGs or normal humbuckers? Or both?

Would you consider making a humbucker sized ring for mounting a single coil (we talked about this before)?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm making these rings to fit whatever anybody wants. If I don't have the dimensions just let me know what they are and I will customize it for you. It's possible that I could have a pickup similar to yours so if you want me to make you a pickup ring like that(for a single coil), then I will do that for you. All I ask is a little bit of wait time so I can do a bunch of these at once, rather than 1 at a time. What pickup are you putting in the ring? What guitar are you putting this in? Some pickup rings that were made for guitars 10 years ago are longer than other pickup rings so they are not all compatible. If you have the original ring that was mounted to the guitar, you could send that to me in an envelope and I could get the exact dimensions for you and then I'll make the single coil fit the ring. Just let me know ok?
      Thanks,
      Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

You're very kind, Dave. I don't have all the parts yet (guitar and pickups) so i don't know the exact measures and stuff yet. When i do get it, i'll probably get back to you.

You don't mind shipping to Europe all expenses paid of course?
        Henrik

Comment

I don't think that will be a problem as long as you handle the shipping. Please, just let me know what you need, when you need it. You can reach me at [email protected] . Where are you from by the way?
          Thanks again,
          Dave

[ May 01, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
          Dave ->

Comment

Look at my avatar - Denmark
            Henrik

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm...I should've noticed that, since I'm swedish. =P *Waves*

I guess since the horizontal bar in the white cross is wider than the vertical one, it looks more like a "shred warning" sign. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Nothing bad in that though. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry, I'm braindead at times......
                [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
                Dave ->

Comment

Don't worry Dave, the swede didn't get it either [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (j/k)
                  Henrik

Comment

Don't worry Dave, the swede didn't get it either [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (j/k)
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Dave ->

Comment

Hey budman -- the pickup rings arrived today and they look fantastic! Thanks!

Comment

me, me, me want pickup ring too!... is mine out yet?...

Comment

Originally posted by Bert:
                          Hey budman -- the pickup rings arrived today and they look fantastic! Thanks!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bert:
                          Thanks so much and I'm glad they are what you wanted. Enjoy!

Rodrigo:
                          Yours went out the same day as Berts so you should see them soon!
                          Thanks,
                          Dave->

[ May 06, 2003, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
                          Dave ->

Comment

thanks Dave, you are "the man" ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

No problem Rodrigo. Don't forget to show me a pic when it's installed!
                              Dave->
                              Dave ->

Comment

yeah it is a model 3a with the dual hum in metallic blue. one of my greatest axes. i did replace the original rings, i like my emg's at a slight angle. (less noise i have found) anyway. i don't need any rings right now but when i do i'll let you know.
                                thanks,
                                ~JW
                                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                                X