Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update with Pic! Pickup Mounting Ring replacements ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update with Pic! Pickup Mounting Ring replacements ??

dave... I got the ring!... very nice job!... much better than the original!...

the sad part of the story is that I installed the ring on the charvel and she looked so pretty for like 2 seconds!.. perfect, not even a flaw anywhere!.. right after that, I dropped it by accident and she got a nasty chip on the bottom.. I am sooo upset!... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, thumbs up!... nice job.

A++++ seller, highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
      yeah it is a model 3a with the dual hum in metallic blue. one of my greatest axes. i did replace the original rings, i like my emg's at a slight angle. (less noise i have found) anyway. i don't need any rings right now but when i do i'll let you know.
      thanks,
      ~JW
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey John,
      Are the 2 rings different sizes like a les paul or are they the same size with the same tapers?
      Thanks,
      Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
        dave... I got the ring!... very nice job!... much better than the original!...

the sad part of the story is that I installed the ring on the charvel and she looked so pretty for like 2 seconds!.. perfect, not even a flaw anywhere!.. right after that, I dropped it by accident and she got a nasty chip on the bottom.. I am sooo upset!... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, thumbs up!... nice job.

A++++ seller, highly recommended.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You dropped that silver sparkle? Crap that thing is beautiful! Where's the chip? Is it by the input jack?
        Sorry to hear about that!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
        Dave->
        Dave ->

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Rodrigo! I think we all know the feeling. Every time i make a ding in a guitar by accident, i always blame myself: -You f! retard, you knew this was going to happen!

Anyways, when your mood gets better why not post pics of that ring-mod? I'm a pic'oholic!

[ May 07, 2003, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: jackson1 ]
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

yeah they are different sizes. the neck ring is half the hieght of the bridge ring.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

The chip is close to the bottom strap button on the back side... 4 inches up... not too nice, not too bad... the silver sparkle finish IS (or was)beautiful and it is HARD to fix... I am still curling up in a corner crying over that...I hate me.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I will post pictures of the ring later... I just dont have a camera right here...

[ May 07, 2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
                yeah they are different sizes. the neck ring is half the hieght of the bridge ring.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does that have a pickguard on it?
                Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                X